A Quick Review


Hello, everyone! I hope you're all having a fun and safe December so far. . . and that you haven't gotten mauled in an attempt to secure Christmas gifts for your loved ones. And hopefully you haven't been the one doing the mauling. :)

It's update time, ya'll.

I had a lot of extra time on my hands this morning because church was canceled due to the amount of snow we got overnight. We were urged to use the time to help others dig themselves out and not get lost in banks of snow.

 photo 2Feet_zps7a2f8717.png

I promise that pictures just don't do it justice. That is a massively large amount of precipitation, folks.

My self-appointed calling was to shovel our stairs.  . . and you can tell by this picture that I hadn't even started yet. I was too busy pondering on why I volunteered instead.

 photo CanceledChurch-edited_zpsde0659fd.png

Thankfully, it was very fluffy snow {as opposed to wet, heavy snow} and so it weighed next to nothing. Perfect for a plump pregnant woman with a giant orange shovel and big clompy snow boots with untied shoelaces.

It sure was pretty, though.

 photo MerryDecember_zpsbc9c3565.png

Or maybe that sentiment was due to the fumes from the snow blower. . . who knows. :)

Chuck let me take a spin at manning the snow blower for the first time today {he was compassionate and let me work on the flat RV pad as opposed to the slopped driveway}. . . and if I never have to do that again, I think I'll be okay. It's much more serene to watch than to be the one having your arms shaken off of your body while being towed around by a wily snow blower that refuses to go in a straight line. I may or may not have taken a dive off of the RV pad and into the tulips because I couldn't tell where the pad ended. . . I plead the fifth.

. . .

Earlier in the month {but not until after Thanksgiving}, Hannah and I set up the Christmas tree while Chuck was at work. Well, I set up the tree while Hannah stared in mute fascination. But that muteness didn't last very long before she decided that I set it up strictly for her enjoyment and she could "help me" pull down all of the ornaments and throw them across the kitchen floor. They are bouncy balls, right? That's what she thought, too.

 photo TreeCollage_zpsed775f39.jpg
{pre-ornaments and presents, obviously}

{The reason this is her first Christmas tree even though it's her third Christmas is due to the lack of space in the apartment. . . not because we're hardcore Scrooges.}

. . . . 

We took the opportunity to grab some yummy Cold Stone ice cream, and Hannah was pretty sure she had died and gone to heaven. 

No joke. 

Even though her papa corrupted her and gave her some of his coffee flavored ice cream. . . which, of course, she loved. Because she's crazy. Like her dad. 


Now, quick side note before we press forward: I promise I comb her hair. I daresay it even looks cute when we emerge from the house. The reason she looks like a free-spirited horse with an untamed mane in 98% of the pictures I post is because she is quite proficient at rubbing her head against nearly every surface she can find in order to fluff it out. Namely, the car seat. He and I are arch nemesis {nemesises? nemesis'?} when it comes to Hannah's hair.

Her hair started out in a pony tail and ended up looking like. . . well, something less than that. But how can you notice {or even care} when your little bug loves her daddy so much?!?

 photo IceCreamDate_zpsf8316559.png

 photo DaddyDaughterLove_zps575593b4.png

Pure love, those two. I even overlooked the nasty coffee flavored ice cream on their breath and loved them anyway. ;)

. . . . 


Hannah's 2nd birthday party coincided with the Thanksgiving dinner that we hosted at our house, so I only managed to snap one picture in between the turkey coma and mounds of crumbled wrapping paper:


 photo CupcakeHappiness_zps8da301ee.png


She was definitely lovin' on that cupcake. 



Thank you to all of you sweet family members who helped make her birthday special! She loved all of the attention from cousins and grandparents and aunts and uncles. . . she felt quite forlorn when ya'll left. 

. . . . 

And last but not least, here's a belly picture from last week so you know I'm still growing a baby:

 photo 29weeks-Edited_zpsb026b354.png




Can you spot the photo bomber? Sly, Nanny. Very sly.


I can't believe I have only 10 weeks left! Where did the time go? It must have all been spent vacuuming dog hair off of the couch and sneaking glasses full of egg nog while Hannah's back was turned. 

Yeah.

That was probably it.

. . . . 

Merry December, everyone! 

Comments

  1. I always love your posts. Thanks cor sharing. Live you all!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts