The Dream

Whoa.

I just had one of the weirdest dreams! I have no idea what brought it on (do we ever know?), but for some reason my husband was suddenly leaving me for some chick in Idaho. According to my dream, they had dated prior to my husband meeting me, and he had actually proposed but she said no. So now, after my husband and I have been married for 'x' amount of time, this chick all of a sudden decides she wants to marry Chuck.

Ummm....

And the crazy part is that he was, all, "Okay!" He starts making preparations and I'm still trying to figure out what in the devil is going on. At first, I was seemingly preoccupied by the thought of losing my closest and best friend to another woman. I was freaking out because I didn't know how to survive without him with me. Who would be my new friend? What was I gonna DO?!?

Then, later in the dream, I remember standing in a living room (it wasn't mine, but it was supposed to be. . . dreams are weird like that) and it hit me like a freight train --- if my husband was going to marry this other woman (who pretended this whole time to be just as innocent as a drop of dew), he was going to have to divorce me. I distinctly recall crumbling to the carpet in despair.

Okay, so now follow me suddenly to a completely different place because I can't remember what happened directly after that.

My husband and his new bride-to-be and all of her family and friends were meeting at some restaurant to celebrate their impending nuptials. The restaurant was in the middle of an outdoor shopping center/strip mall sort of thing. By this time, I was done with my despair and utter ruin and I was geared to get my man back. This was WAR! I could tell that my husband was having some second thoughts, and so I didn't lose anytime. I pretended to be shopping at the same time of their dinner (how convenient, eh?), and Chuck ran out to talk to me as I was walking into a store by the restaurant. I can't remember for the life of me what all was said, but he decided he wanted to keep following me around for a bit.

I told him that he had better pretend he wasn't going into the store with me just in case his 'other woman' looked out the window of the restaurant. That worked for a second, but then Chuck ran up next to me and held my hand as we walked in. He then started being the stud I know in real life and I kept pecking him about why this chick was so cool. I didn't understand why she was so much better than me. Apparently, he didn't either. He kept trying to defend her while not piss me off further.

It was pretty entertaining, to say the least.

I'm almost positive somewhere around there I kissed him and he realized what a goof he was being. I woke up before anything resolved, but, dude, it was such a weird, vivid dream! I walked into the living room, scarfed down some breakfast, took Zoe out to go potty, and sat down at my trusty laptop to check my e-mails. I turned on iTunes and one of my favorite songs in the whole world started playing.

It was the song that Chuck and I unofficially decided was sort of "Our Song". I say unofficially because it's definitely not a traditional 'love song'. But there are a lot of good memories tied to this song. . . "I Can't Outrun You" by Trace Adkins.

Good, good stuff.

But when it started playing this morning after that crazy dream, I was suddenly struck (yet again) of the deep, undying love I have for this man. I couldn't bear to lose him to any chick in Idaho, or any other thing on this green planet. I love him so much! And I sure hope he can see that :)

Comments

Popular Posts