Summer Lovin' : Take Two


I posted about the first half of our recent travels HERE, but I didn't want to bury you alive with pictures. . . so here's the second half.

Pace yourselves.

. . . . .

We got a wild hair one Sunday afternoon and decided to take a drive up by Kamas, UT. We just kept driving and driving and driving and ended up going through a cute little town named Hanna. Hannah in Hanna was just too good to pass up, ya know.

 photo HannahinHanna_zps33a1bbe2.png


 photo Hanna_zps428dafc6.png

On our way back home, we stopped at a rest stop so I could feed Curtis. I must say, this is the most picturesque view I've had while nursing to date. Sure beats a random parking lot. ;)

 photo RestStop_zps90630380.png

. . . . .

My pa works a little bit of a wacky schedule, so we celebrated Father's Day a week early. We met up at a beautiful park up Provo Canyon and visited, fished, ate, and nearly played a playground to death. Well, at least Hannah did.

 photo FathersDay_zpsb2c35b71.png
{Here she is mooching yet another Jell-O Jiggler from my sister, Jenny. Pretty sure that was all she'd eat for lunch.}

Now, I don't really know when my gun-shy little Miss became queen of the playground, but it happened.

 photo GrowingGirl_zps431c2d62.png

She was unstoppable! In fact, she climbed up this scary contraption probably 400 times. I had a heart attack each time, thinking she'd fall. She had no such doubts! My little girl was undaunted and confident.  

 photo HearMeRoar_zpsc536f26b.png


 photo SlidingFool_zpsc9cc89e0.png


. . . . .

The first Truck and Tractor Pulls in 2014 were hosted in Elko, NV and naturally we had to make an appearance. Because, hey.

 photo ElkoPulls_zps287b9f6d.png

Hannah only had, like, a 30 minute nap the entire 3+ hour drive. . . which resulted in one seriously ornery kid.

Run for your life.


 photo Crusty-EyeExtraordinare_zps5d7a2040.jpg

Thankfully, it wasn't anything a snuggle with Daddy and some exhaust fumes couldn't fix. Oh, and fruit snacks. Don't forget the fruit snacks.




 photo HannahandDaddy_zpsc21fb69e.png

This child cracks me up. Every time a truck would start to pull, she would gasp like it was the most intense thing she'd ever seen :


 photo Gasp-er_zps6aac226b.png

She's her father's daughter, to be sure.  :)



 photo ElkoNV_zpsbd7688a6.png


Little Man was havin' a ball, too!


 photo PullsCollage_zps99231ae0.jpg



 photo Addicted_zps25bee9a2.png


Fun, fun, fun.

. . . . . .

Stay tuned for some more installments because, let's face it, we're just gettin' started. :)

Comments

  1. I can't tell you how much I enjoy these blogs and pictures. Oh my goodness, I re-read them 3 or 4 times before getting out of the blog each time I get in. I love seeing the kids doing things with their Ma & Pa, although Mo-Mo sometimes wishes she could be there too. I especially loved Hannah's stink eye pictures and little Curtis with the hearing protectors on. I'm so glad you guys get to do so many great things with your kids, memories will last forever!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts