Hannah's Memoir : 3 Years


Hey, everyone! It's Nanny here, checking in for another report.

Being 3 years old is, in a word, CRAZY-AWESOME-FUN. {What do you mean that's more than one word?! Don't you know a "-" when you see one? Golly.}

. . .

I live off of mainly peanut butter and jelly sandwiches, quesadillas, jalapenos, and bread. And milk, of course.

If my dad hooked me up with a little shack out among the backyard weeds, I'd never come inside. Well, I take that back. I'd also need a blankie and a coloring book. I do so passionately adore coloring! Couple coloring with the great outdoors? I'm sold.





 photo BackyardBudsJPG_zpsc41fd6f7.jpg
{No, Curtis didn't have a growth spurt. That's my friend!}


 photo DSC_0888_zps906d82cc.jpg


 photo GrassLovin_zps267f0aac.png


 photo DadsBdayCardJPG_zps1b87482e.jpg
{adorning Dad's birthday card}

 photo TreeHugger_zpsbb654f13.jpg


. . .

I recently graduated from Nursery and have the first week of Sunbeams under my belt. Let's just say that I'm famous for a couple things. . . namely needing a change of clothes for reasons that shan't be disclosed here, and being deathly allergic to my chair during singing time. I mean, in my defense, WHERE ARE THE TOYS?! What's this "lesson" stuff all about? Thankfully my teacher is awesome and welcomed all four of us onto her lap while simultaneously handing out suckers. That's my kind of lesson! I think we'll get along swimmingly.

. . .

To commemorate my turning 3, mom went a little wild and asked my "other mother" {Alana} to give me new look.

 photo HannahsBangsCollage_zps2aaa45b0.png

Now I can be cool like mom with her new bangs! I always want to be a twinner with my mom. . . Until, of course, I turn into a moody teenager and prefer to skulk around wailing about my unfair life and odious parents. But for now? We be tight.


 photo SnowyFamily-CROPPED_zps495b6a84.jpg

. . .

I learn something new each day. Sometimes it's how long I can get away with pulling Zoe's tail before mom catches me. . . and sometimes it's something infinitely more useful, like how to arm wrestle. But the important thing is that I'm expanding my knowledge. ;)

. . .

I am loving this snowy season! I ask to be let free into the waiting arms of the winter wonderland every four seconds. . . despite the fact that I don't actually own a snow suit or waterproof boots. But don't you fret-- I have cheap pink gloves and a mom-made owl hat to keep me warm. That, and the determination to have fun no matter how cold and wet I end up, of course. Can't forget that.

Too bad dad's "mickey mouse boots" don't quite fit yet. Maybe next year. They say anything is possible when you're 4.


 photo MickeyMouseBoots_zps48347e05.jpg


. . .

That picture reminds me. . . have I told you guys about my new modeling coach? Well, that's probably because I don't have one. But somewhere along the line, I decided that whenever someone announces, "Say cheese!" before taking a picture, I strike a pose previously unequaled in glamour and poise.

You may notice said pose in the pictures already posted if you care to scroll back through them, but trust me. . . there are many more to come.

 photo Siblings-SEPIA_zps157e0c7b.jpg


 photo Dec_zpsa848595c.jpg


 photo CabellasAquariumJPG_zps257fcaac.jpg

My secret? Squinty eyes and a subtle 90° neck kink. Oh, and the occasional eagle-arms. My only foreseeable competition is Curtis' blank stare and gummy smile. . .

. . .

I'm still a smidgen behind in my language development for the average 3 year old, so I'm gonna go hang out with some speech therapists later this month. Something tells me they'll get me right as rain in no time! And besides, I always love making new friends and this will be a great opportunity!

. . .

I love playing with the new marble tower Santa Claus brought me this year. There's just something immensely satisfying about dropping 12 marbles at once into an intricate maze that I built {OK, fine. I dumped out the basket of pieces all over the floor and supervised the construction}.

The only thing that compares is the gratification of building something with blocks. . . even if it's not a tower. :)

 photo ThisKidJPG_zps21bb8dde.jpg

. . .

I adore my dad and can hardly wait for him to get home from work each day! I like to bombard him the second he walks in and say "swiiiiing?". He usually acquiesces immediately which makes me so very happy. Soon I'll be too tall, so I have to enjoy it while it lasts!



. . .

I think I've already found my passion in life. . . and you'll never guess what it is.


 photo BeautyShop_zpsebd9da2b.jpg

Never mind the fact that I'm not supposed to touch the nail polish and that little boys aren't supposed to even wear toenail polish.

I must answer the call.

Who will be my next client? One at a time, please. I simply won't stand for a stampede on my doorstep.

. . . .

Living life is pretty darn awesome, minus the constant colds I bring home from church. So go on out and give someone you love a hug and a kiss and live your life {assuming you're not a carrier of disease like me}!

The way I see it is-- I'll only be 3 once, and you'll only be 498 once, too. So we should enjoy our time here with the people we love.

Huh? What's that you say? You're not 498 years old?!? My mistake. It's just that everyone outside my social circle of 4.5 friends seems sooooo old! :)

Take it from me, life is much more CRAZY-AWESOME-FUN when you greet it with a little neck crimp and a cheesy smile.

 photo ChristmsMorning-CROPPED_zpsa61e0376.jpg


Peace out, my friends. 'Til we meet again.

Comments

  1. For people who don't know Hannah as well as we do, the sweet little memoirs you do certainly make her personality come to life. She loves you guys so much and has so much curiosity about how things work and what happens if I do this. She gets so excited about so many things, swinging with Papa, going for walks with Mom and Curtis and seeing MoMo. (I had to get that in!)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts