2017's Kick-Off Party






I know what you're thinking.

"You remember the password to your blog?! You remember you HAVE a blog?"

I do, my friends. I do. I'm sorry I've been remiss in posting, but life has a funny way of speeding up to warp speeds every single blessed day and the blog posting gets buried under the laundry folding and bum wiping. BUT, as it just so happens, I am determined to make an effort to post more this year. 2017 is gonna be a good year for Little Moments. Riiiiight? ;)

To kick-start the new year, I thought I'd spout out 17 facts you may (or may not) know about me. Because you never really know everything about a person like you think you do. Unless you're that person. . . in which case, you probably do. But since you're not me, let's get crackin'.

. . . . .


1) I feel kinda claustrophobic if the sun visor is left down in the car. Drives me batty, in fact. Another automotive-related thing that drives me absolutely bonkers is if someone has their windshield wipers going 90 wps (wipes per second, see) when it's barely raining or hasn't been raining for a long time. TURN. OFF. YOUR. WIPERS. FOLKS. {Can you see my eye twitching?}

2) Once I get a project idea in my head, I am the world's most impatient person. I want to get started (and finished) immediately.

3) I have a very yellow laundry room. Granted, this picture makes it look EXTREMELY yellow because the lighting is awful, but, dang, it's yellow. And it makes me happy.



4) I can't do math in my head. If you ask me 4*7 I'm gonna give you a blank look and stealthily change the subject to my yellow laundry room. If you ask me 4*9 I'm gonna do that awesome trick on my fingers like a 3rd grader. It's 36, yo.    

5) My nemesis in household chores would definitely be cleaning the tub/shower. I would gleefully scrub the toilets every day of the week if it meant the shower would stay clean. Why does a place full of water and soap get dirty at all?! I mean, come on.

6) I have had plastic surgery.

7) Today, I painted my fingernails for the first time in probably 20 years. Legitimately. I shan't go into the reasoning, but I will say that I immediately remembered why I prefer to have either no polish or a French manicure. I have man-hands, you guys. So when I paint my nails, it appears as though a drag queen has gone rouge with the polish. It ain't good. . . I can tell ya that much right now. However, with that being said, I can't go a full day without nail polish on my toes. Figure that one out. And, heck, I wear size 10 shoes, so it's not like my feet are screaming "femininity".

8) Anyone who has come to my house will probably tell you that my house is "always clean". Heavy emphasis on the quotation marks, there, Bucko. It's not always clean because it's rarely actually clean. I will gladly admit to being a neat freak, but a clean freak I am not. Just ask the shower.

9) I'm addicted to Mt. Dew. Sweet nectar from heaven above. . . yes. If I thought I could convince a nurse to hook me up with an IV of Timber (from Fiiz) with no ill side effects, I'd be all over that. Granted, it wouldn't quite be the same if it bypassed my taste buds, but, hey. A girl can dream.

10) I seriously can't count the number of baskets I have in my home. If I had to give you a ballpark figure, it'd be well over 20. Not all of them are currently in use, but let's just say that I have 9 in my pantry alone. Aaaaand one in my fridge. Because I can't get enough of the cute little suckers. Man. If you ever want to surprise me, get me a basket. . . with a 24 oz Timber in it. ;)


 
11) When I was about 13, I was medicated for depression. Bless those pills, bless 'em. Thankfully, I haven't had anything worse than a case of "down in the dumps" since my early teens {nothing a giant bar of chocolate and Netflix. . . and ice cream. . . and maybe some sour patch watermelon candies can't fix!}. However, one of my greatest fears (that I'm not even sure I've ever vocalized) was that I was going to give birth to Hannah and spiral downwards into postpartum depression. The closest I've ever come to feeling the immense mental helplessness I felt as a teenager was when I had a nervous breakdown at the age of 22. Let's not have one of those again, mmmm'kay?  

12) Despite barely being able to carry a tune (on a good day), I have been the ward choir director for just about 4 years.

13) If you ask my husband, Chuck, he will tell you all about my "Black Hole". In fact, he'll probably produce a color-coded spreadsheet and pie chart tracking, in extraordinary detail, every object that he has asked for only to be told by his sweet wife that it is lost. Completely. Forever. I should charge people to dispose of dead bodies and important documents. I could be on a TV show or somethin'.

14) I proudly own 13 aprons. . .  and I can promise you that I'm not finished yet! And, yes, they are kept in a basket, thank-you-very-much.

15) I really, really don't like loud noises. As a wee child, I recall feeling quite disgruntled with my mom whenever she would vacuum. Whenever Curtis is pretending to be a dinosaur (which is only every minute he's awake) or Hannah is singing a frightfully redundant original tune, I can't focus until they leave the room. Loud noises make my ears ring and my blood pressure spike.

16) My couch is in a constant state of undress and it drives. me. absolutely. up. the. wall. By "undress", I mean that the poor thing is stripped of its decorative pillows. And if that wasn't bad enough, its very own cushions are then ripped from its bosom. And if all THAT wasn't bad enough, said pillows/cushions are often thrown into the middle of the living room to thereby be tripped over, or piled on the gigantic basket that holds my yarn (don't ask) and then jumped on by screaming offspring. Please reference Random Facts #8 and #15 for any questions regarding why this causes me to dangle from the frayed rope of my sanity.

17) I was a painfully shy child. Whenever someone was in the same room as me (even if it was my own mother), I would stop playing with my toys and refuse to start up again until they left. For whatever reason, the thought of being overheard using my imagination was torture. What can I say? I was weird. If you don't believe me, check out THIS post.

. . . . .

I hope you enjoyed these random little facts! Again, I apologize for being about as consistent as the drive-thu at my local Wendy's. I pinkie promise to be better, so don't give up on me yet! :)


Comments

  1. I love these. And you. You make me laugh! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great way to start off the year! Thanks for the laugh... And the refreshing touch of openness :D. Haha I think a lot of us can relate to the black hole business, at least a little bit.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts