What Up, Little Moments?


Chuck is up to his armpits in Scouting paperwork, so I figured I'd write a little post. {if ever asked to be the Scout Troop Committee Chairman and your Priesthood leader says, "I'm really not even sure what this calling implies"; run. Just run. Unless you love Scouting. In which case, more power to ya. You're a brave soul}

I thought I'd let you know I'm still alive and stuff.

It's been a minor eternity since I've written about the little moment I've been enjoying lately and seeing as it's the name of the blog, I'd better get crackin'.

. . . .

I love watching Hannah try to imitate us so much more these days.
On the top of her list:

- finding an empty container on the ground and pretending to drink out of it like a can of soda {I plead the fifth}
- pursing her lips into a pucker and making a sound that slightly resembles a cow {we're working on our animal sounds. . . aaaaaand, relevant-tangent-time: every time I'm reading her a book with Chuck in the room, he laughs at my feeble attempts at barnyard animal sounds. So I pause in the story, let him make the sound, and then continue on my merry way.}
- shoving a hair clip into her hair at random places because she knows they belong up there:

 photo HairClipHelper_zps1bdd0ae5.png
. . .

I get a kick out Hannah's hair the morning after a bath {until it's time to tame it}:

 photo MorningAfterBathtimeHair_zps979e7118.png
. . .

I was really enjoying watching "Lost" with the hubs every night before bed {well, we DID enjoy it until Season 6 went all weird on us. . . and now it's over and we're TV show-less. Suggestions?}

I'm working on reading some of the books from my childhood that I've toted around from place to place but never really read ("Iggie's House", "Calico Captive", "Tuck Everlasting", "Charlie and the Chocolate Factory", "The Westing Game". . . you get the picture. They're really tiny, okay?!? Sheesh.}

It was really fun watching Hannah adore the balloon she received when she and I went to pick up a part from the handy-dandy Dodge Dealership {Chuck and one of the guys in the Parts department go way back and so he doted on her and gave her a massive balloon for her endless entertainment. Thanks, Willie!}

 photo GiantBalloonfromHinkleyDodge_zps51191989.png
{I promise her pig tails were cuter before the static cling from the balloon got to them :D}
. . .

Particularly refreshing is the renewal of our daily walk ritual. . . we have been loving the wonderful weather, Utah. Thank you! {P.S. No, I don't hate you even though you broke your beautiful streak and decided to rain and threaten to snow on the very day we were supposed to pour our driveway. No, I don't hate you. Nope. Not me. We're not on a time crunch to finish before our interest rate lock expires or anything. So, yeah. Take your time. Do as you please.}

And last but not least: I have really loved bonding even more than I ever imagined possible with my already amazing ward. I just love them to pieces and I'm going to miss them horribly when we move. I was sitting in sacrament meeting this past week and I felt like I was going to explode from contentment. Have you ever felt that way? The love and friendship was palpable, and I'm so lucky to have learned so much from my 'family' here. I'll always and forever remember them!

. . . .

I'm pretty sure there are more things I'm lovin' on right now, but my stomach is threatening to suck in my belly button for nutrients if I don't rectify the situation STAT, so I must go rummage through the fridge. Right this very second. Wish me luck.

Comments

  1. I just love your writing style. So fun to read. (I can hear the words in your voice in my head). Love ya, Sis-in-law!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Rochelle! I just love writing and it tickles me pink when people say they can hear my voice in their head. I THINK that's a good thing, at any rate ;) hahaha! Love you! Thanks again for reading {and taking time to comment!}

      Delete
  2. Ha, Hyrum is the cub scout committee chair, too. We were like, "oh, that doesn't sound bad! We don't even know what you do." Yeah. Let's just say we're glad the blue and gold banquet is over. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts