Call Off the Dogs!


Here I am! Fear not. I've breath left in me yet!

If there are 469 typos in this post, I apologize. It's just that my laptop{yes, the new-ish one} decided to kill off its hard drive last week and so I'm hyjacking my husband's laptop right now. The keys are taking a little more getting used to than I anticpated. . . but I'm thankful to be able to squeeze in a post!

I'll be 100% honest here. . . I feel really dumb uploading pictures of my house. It was one thing when it was a HOUSE, but now that it's supposed to be a HOME, I feel woefully inadequate. I took a handful of pictures this afternoon and I was about to upload them when I thought, "Dude. Those look silly." I'm not very good at decorating. . . and I'm even worse at hanging what few decorations I do own {if that's even believable}.

Just ask Chuck.

He'll tell you that while he was out helping a friend one night, his wife decided to hang a picture by herself. After putting two extra holes in the wall thanks to her frightening inability to measure competenly, she decided to tap into her well of Pinterest know-how and use toothpaste to fill in the holes. Her plan was to be all hush-hush and not tell him, but that only lasted until he got into bed that night and she sheepishly blurted out the whole story.

Nothing like breaking in the brand spankin' new house with a few extra holes.

. . . .

Okay, here 'goes. Be gentle, my friends. She's a work in progress. As are my horrible cell phone picture taking skills.


 photo IMAG0055_zpseb3a453c.jpg
I was testing to see which of you have OCD by making the mat off center. You're welcome.


 photo IMAG0048_zps279dec35.jpg
See that picture? Yeah. That's the one. Don't look too closely at the wall, okay? But if you must, remark on how minty fresh our wall smells, please.

 photo IMAG0049_zpseb5e9e57.jpg
Now THIS is our very high-tech baby gate. Those boxes are super heavy and Hannah hasn't shown any interest in the stairs {thank heavens!}, so this will buy us enough time to formulate a little wall to put over by the bucket. . . see, the baby gate would have to be placed on the third stair down thanks to the design of the stairwell. Fabulous for a young family. Yes, yes. No, not really.


 photo IMAG0050_zps81034dc2.jpg
Living room
{like our itsy-bitsy-practically-not-even-there kitchen table? It's the beeest (said in my best Nacho Libre voice)}


 photo IMAG0051_zpsfb1cfdf2.jpg
This is where I stuff my face. . . pretty self explanatory :)


 photo IMAG0053_zps74d215cd.jpg
Behold the already-cluttered "Home Management Center" a.k.a delightfully random little nook in the kitchen.


 photo IMAG0054_zpsc6805bba.jpg
Guest Bathroom. . . and don't ask why I have a sign saying "Dream" in the bathroom. I had it laying around and it matched the color scheme. Say no more. 


 photo IMAG0047_zpsa509133d.jpg
Yeah. Hannah's been busy with her new-found freedom.

. . . .

The rest of the house wasn't really ready for pictures/too sparsley furnished for me to ever possibly consider posting on the internet. Besides, you can use your imagination for the bedrooms and master bath. :)

The toilet paper roll massacre from earlier today reminded me. . . I really must say, my excellent parenting skills know no end. In the last month or so, Hannah has managed to 1) find and therefore attempt to eat a potato bug {she didn't much care for it and spit it out just as I was scooping out her mouth to see what in the world she was devouring. . . the poor little guy didn't stand a chance}; 2) crash into the bookcase because she tripped up on her too-big sandals; and the piece de resistance, 3) splash around in TWO different toilets in the same afternoon.

I'm tellin' you what.

She's gonna turn my hairs gray. Probably tomorrow.

Comments

  1. Jessica your house is beautiful!! Hopefully I will get to see it in person someday soon! That is so awesome that you guys are all moved and settled...I am so happy for you!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts