Must or Bust : DIY Paper Banner and Foot Soak


I know those two things have absolutely nothing to do with each other. But, hey, I'll take what I can get.

. . .

DIY Paper Banner: Must

 photo paperflagpennantbuntingtutorial_zps947df437.jpg
{photo source}

This little fella is found over at "On The V Side" HERE.  I wanted a way to cute-n up my house without spending a ton of money. Or any money, for that matter. I'm kinda cheap :)

I recently turned our spare bedroom into the space where I'll teach private violin lessons instead of the room where unpacked boxes full of unloved stuff go to die hide. As such, I decided to hang my old whiteboard/cork board in that room to give me a hand when I need to explain something.

That poor little whiteboard has been through quite a bit. He was co-purchased back in 2007 by my first-ever roommate and I. We hung it in our apartment in E-Town and when the time came to part ways, I ended up taking him home. He has since moved to four different homes and has been dropped more times than I can count. If any inanimate object deserved some TLC, it was him. 

Here he is sportin' his new banner:


 photo IMAG0134_zps20712cd1.jpg


Now, I know what you're thinking. "Wow. Two of those triangles are not laying flat. OCD." And if you weren't thinking that? Well then, you're welcome, because now you are and it's bugging you. But I got to thinkin' after seeing him with his new facelift. . . he deserves some more touching up. Soooo I went all Bob Ross on 'im {minus the happy trees}.

{By the way, this TLC project can also be referred to as "Project Can't Leave Well Enough Alone". I specialize in those, you see.}

After some quick sandpaper action and somewhere around 5 coats of acrylic paint {I lost count}, he came out looking like this:

  photo Finished_zps41f19f09.png


If I WAS Bob Ross, I would have been smart enough to know that I ought to have painted the sides first and then the front. I didn't, of course, and had a hard time keeping the paint from spilling up over onto the top when I painted the sides. . . if that makes any sense.

I found that DARLING calendar printable from the iMom site HERE. And if being super darling wasn't enough, you can also download only the months you want instead of the entire year. Awesome-sauce.

. . .

Listerine Foot Soak: Bust

 photo be5f1137a8759552f99956bb39095e83_zpsf55fe578.jpg


This idea didn't come with a link to a site, unfortunately. . . so if those are your feet, then by all means give me a holler and I'll give you some credit up in here. The "recipe"  on Pinterest was as follows:

"Listerine: the BEST way to get your feet ready for summer. Sounds crazy but it works! Mix 1/4c Listerine (any kind but I like the blue), 1/4c vinegar and 1/2c of warm water. Soak feet for 10 minutes and when you take them out the dead skin will practically wipe off!"

Well, the hardest part for me was finding a container large enough in which to soak my piggies. I eventually gave up and used an old plastic measuring cup {I know, gross! It really was an old cup, folks. Don't be afraid to come to my house for dinner.} and only soaked from my toes to the middle of my arch on one foot. I realize you're astounded by my attention to scientific accuracy. 

My findings were that it makes your foot kinda tingle long after removing it from the solution. Must be that Listerine workin' its magic on my flesh much like it works its magic on my unsuspecting mouth. It also has made my foot smell like. . . you guessed it-- Listerine.

I didn't notice any dead skin "practically wiping off", but I guess that's a good thing. . . ? Maybe I don't have that much dead skin? My skin does seem softer than what can be found on the other foot, but my guess is that a good scrub with soap and water in the shower followed by some lotion will have the same affect.

But I suppose if you want your feet smelling minty fresh, this is the foot soak for you! :)

. . . .

I hope you enjoyed this little Must or Bust! Feel free to pass along any ideas you might have for future adventures. I could use all the help I can get. :)

Comments

Popular Posts