Must or Bust : "Scrubba-Dub-Dub" and other Adventures :)


I would get on my knees and plead for forgiveness about being such a poor poster-person, but you wouldn't be able to see me. So you wouldn't believe me.

So, alas, I'll just get to the good stuff.

. . .

Removing Set-In Grease Stains : Must


 photo 32898435009e1a859b7b1e96f70b1f69_zps652f8e5f.jpg
{photo source}

I found this amazingly helpful {albeit nerve-wrecking} solution to grease stains over at "Northern Belle Diaries" HERE. To celebrate my 25th birthday, the hubs took me out to Rodizio Grill. . . one of my true loves. Unfortunately, he walked away with a couple of grease stains on his nice gray button-up shirt as a result of some succulent meat. A small price to pay, in my opinion.

However, it was up to me to devise a solution to his dilemma. After treating the stain, washing and drying the shirt and seeing those annoying little stains still staring me in the face, it was Pinterest to the rescue!

I will say this: if you're prone to breaking out in a cold sweat when seeing grease stains on clothing, spraying WD-40 on the offending shirt will likely cause a mild to extreme case of hives. I was thinking I was dead meat for sure when I saw how far the WD-40 spread. But fear not. If I lived to tell the tale, so shall ye.

I would HIGHLY recommend you have cardboard underneath your shirt/between layers. Just trust me. Then spray on the WD-40 and let it soak as you gather up some baking soda and an old toothbrush. Generously sprinkle the baking soda on the WD-40 and scrub with the toothbrush. Keep on scrubbin'. Forever.

In my pre-wash panic, I ended up spraying some of our stain-be-gone-stuff on the stains, just to make dang sure it was going to come out. Not sure if that helped or not, but it sure made me feel better about life. 

You can still slightly see some of the original stain, but it's so minimal you'd never notice it unless you knew it was there to begin with.

. . . .

Using A Scrub Brush to Clean your Shower: Bust


  photo c0b8799e6c66dcea91e50a94ed8b03d6_zps6310cfd7.jpg
{photo source}

I've seen this concept before and always thought it seemed like a genius plan. I will, however, admit to being wrong. The idea, found over at "DIY: Come Get Messy with Me" HERE, is that you fill a sponge brush with 1/2 vinegar and 1/2 dish soap. You hang 'im in the shower and wipe down the shower when you're in there getting squeaky clean yourself.

Well, it leaks. And so by the time you get in there to use the thing again, it's empty.

If you could find a brush that doesn't ooze its goods all over the place, then I believe it would work marvelous wonders. But it didn't work for me. Darn. I guess I'll have to put on my big girl panties and clean the shower like everyone else.

. . . .

Drawer Dividers Out of Cereal Boxes: Must

 photo 
8130468e4c41f450e38b145fe474de16_zps5ac072d7.jpg
{photo source}

I found this concept over at "I Heart Organizing" HERE if you have a mind to test your up-cycling skills.

Let me show you what I was contending with:

 photo IMAG0116_zpsb11f7390.jpg

Keep in mind we just moved in two months ago. . . and pretty sure he started looking like that the week we moved in. Scary stuff, my friends.

After trying my hand at utilizing some old Costco food boxes {can I get a whoop-whoop! for Costco?!}, the drawer ended up looking like this:

 photo IMAG0117_zps0d065070.jpg

Still not the prettiest thing imaginable, but it's a whole lot easier to find stuff! And poka-dots make me happy. The end.

I'm sure you will have better luck measuring and taping up your paper, but I am AWFUL at it. Seriously, folks. Her suggestions of how to wrap her boxes were divine, but that doesn't mean I could follow them. I think I'm allergic to measuring correctly. I had to hurry and do this before Chuck got home from work because 1) I wanted to surprise him with my magically organized junk drawer and 2) he would have plucked his eyes from their sockets had he seen my method of measuring and piecing together these poor fellas.

'Nuff said.

. . . .

The Best {Croissant} Rolls Ever : Bust

 photo RollsPictorial_zpse4567723.jpg
{photo source}

I have been searching the skies for every imaginable recipe to use with my new Kitchenaid mixer {my hubs spoiled me profusely for my birfemday, you see}. This was one of them.

And if I'm allergic to measuring correctly, imagine how good I am at rolling out dough in a perfectly even circle.

Take a guess.

It all went downhill when I let them rise for about 30 minutes {a FRACTION of what was suggested} after forming them into cute little croissants. This is what I found upon checking on them:

 photo IMAG0098_zps46edadf4.jpg


It's kinda hard to tell from the picture, but they were MASSIVE hunks of puffy, uncontrollable, flat dough. So, in all fairness, things might of ended differently had I known to keep a sharper eyeball on them. As it turned out, they tasted okay. . . but I'm partial to Pillsbury's flaky rolls. These weren't so flaky. At all.

So, yeah.

Not the best rolls ever. . . sorry. :) I shall try again, however, because that's just how I roll {no pun intended}.

. . . . .

If you survived this massive post until this very spot, you deserve a gold star. Let me know who you are and I will personally apply one to your forehead to show you my gratitude. But the time has come for me to set you free-- go, enjoy the sunshine.

I suddenly have the random, nearly uncontrollable urge to feed ducks. Am I crazy? I'm going to stop typing now before I answer that question for myself.

:)

Comments

Popular Posts