A Little Something. Literally.


I like little things.

You could probably guess that from the title of my blog.

It seems that quite often, it's the little things that have the biggest impact on our lives. Take, for example, something that is only about four inches long, or the size of an apple.

. . . Yum. Apples. I really ought to buy more of those because I only buy two at a time and then eat them all before I blink an eye. Or even two eyes, for that matter, because I rarely only blink one at a time.

But, yes. I digress. Moving on.

You wouldn't think that something the size of an apple could have much influence on your life, but you'd be mistaken.

I'm going to let Hannah tell you a fun little story for me, because you're probably all really tired of hearing me talk.

. . . . 

She woke up from a nap to find something new on her crib.


 photo Phase1_zps439481da.png




 photo Phase2_zps41ea9266.png





 photo Phase3_zpsdc3a81eb.png





 photo Phase4_zps936f841c.png


So, yes, the rumors are true. I've an apple in my belly. Or rather, the baby the size of an apple in my belly, due to come out a full-sized bouncing baby with a healthy set of wailing lungs on February 15th.

If you're really on top of your holidays, you realized that Feb 15th is the day after Valentine's Day. You are quite right and deserve a sticker. I suppose I'm just lucky enough that each of my due dates fall on the day after a holiday {Hannah was due the day after Thanksgiving}. I've got some serious skills.

I had all sorts of grand aspirations to hold off on announcing this until we knew the gender, but I just couldn't wait for two more appointments. I'm terribly sorry if I've inconvenienced you in any way. But not really.

You'll just have to stay tuned in order to find out the gender in another month! I shan't disappoint you.

. . . .

Some of you may ask how I've been feeling this time 'round the mulberry bush. 1) tired, mostly all the time except for when I'm sleeping. Or eating chocolate. 2) I had a few weeks around the 6 week mark that made me want to wither away in the wind. For 2 days in a row, nothing seemed to appease my troubled belly and I did nothing but lay on the couch, flip through episodes of Sesame Street for Nanny, and run to the bathroom. It was so awesome that I may or may not have sworn a holy oath to never have any more kids. {You women who are horribly sick most of your first trimester and even throughout your entire pregnancy, I take my hat off to you. You are much braver and stronger than I, and I wish you the best of luck in your baby-bearing endeavors.}

I already have to make at least one trip to the bathroom in the wee hours of the night; which I didn't have to do until my last trimester on round 1. I told a friend that I think it's because my bladder knows what's ahead and just doesn't have the strength to resist. It's thrown in the towel already, the traitor.

Instead of craving Sour Patch Kids, I've been craving mostly fruit. Which is probably better for you. . . but just maybe. I still supplement the occasional ice cream cone and gummy worm, though, just to balance the scales.

The other day, Hannah was determined to pull up my shirt to gaze at my growing belly, but I'm quite sure it had more to do with locating mom's belly button than to see "the baby". She couldn't care less about why I can't fit into most of my jeans already, but she is, however, fascinated with belly buttons. Guard yours with your life if ever in her presence.

Until next time, friends!

Comments

  1. Congrats!!! Yay for babies :) I am super happy and excited for you!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts