Pregnancy #2 : Fun Facts


In honor of finding out the gender of our little banana tomorrow, I figured I'd jot down just a few things I've noticed so far.
{And just for the record, I referred to s/him as a banana because that's how big s/he is. . . not because s/he looks like one. At least, we can hope :D}.


-- Instead of craving Sour Patch Kids, I've graduated to Sour Patch Watermelons. Yeah, folks. It's intense. A while ago, I bought a handful of things at Wal-Mart and those were among them. The cashier asked if I wanted Hannah's candy left out {verses in the bag}. I thought about telling her that the candy was mine and not my child's, but I felt sheepish and instead replied, "Uuuuhhh, in the bag is fine."

A couple weeks ago, I needed another fix and went to the store to buy nothing but a bag of Sour Patch Watermelons to eat on my way to symphony rehearsal. Shhh-- don't tell my husband. :) In my defense, they did last a couple days. . . but it was a miracle.

-- I've also been craving bacon. Yum. I had a few weeks there when I ate a BLT everyday for lunch. Turkey bacon is the only way to go, though. Sorry to all you greasy-fatty-curly-bacon fanatics.

-- Headaches are much more common on this go-round. I've yet to determine if this is a result of growing a kid or having a willful toddler. Maybe a little of both.

-- I felt Hannah kick at 19 weeks, but I'm sitting here at a little over 20 weeks and I've yet to feel an undeniable kick. I have a theory about that: I'm so used to feeling my innards being rearranged with every stretch {like in THIS post} that I have a hard time recognizing the little flutters as legit movements and not. . . you know. . . gas bubbles or something. [update: turns out my placenta was keeping me from feeling his kicks until he was around 21-ish weeks.]

-- I thought I was foot-loose-and-fancy-free with the whole "morning sickness" thing when I hit 6 weeks. The Lord had a nice little chuckle and endowed me with awful nausea {and all that goes with it} for about 2 weeks. Thought I was gonna kill-over. I may have even sworn to Chuck that I was never getting pregnant again. Looking back, I was probably being overly dramatic, but I don't handle stomach ailments gracefully. :)

-- At the tail end of those few weeks of awfulness, the only thing that appealed to me for breakfast were cinnamon raisin bagels. Slathered with butter, of course. Really nutritious and delicious.

-- On the other hand, one thing I may never allow to cross my gums again {since those infamous weeks} are scrambled eggs. 'Nuff said.

-- Sesame Street? I bow to you. And you, dear Elmo, are my hero. On those days when getting my rump off the couch requires super human effort, you turn Hannah into a zombie-child, and I thank you.

-- Every now and again, I find myself utterly horrified at the thought of having two children when having only one nearly does me in some days. Okay, okay, fine. Most days. But the way I see it, the first little while after Hannah was born stretched me and molded me and puttin'-near broke me in half, but I survived. I've no doubt that after baby #2 arrives, I will be stretched and molded some more, but I'll survive again. After all, Heavenly Father is a gracious, understanding Father who blesses those who ask with the strength they need to get over the many daunting humps in life. Knowing that I'll have His strength coupled with the help of all my wonderful family and friends is what keeps me from losing my mind with potential anxiety.

So thank you.

Thank you for your support. It means more than you know!

. . . .

So come on, baby. Let's find out if you're a "Curtis James McAllister" or a. . . um, "Girl McAllister". :)

Can you tell what we're rooting for? Ha! 

 photo 19Weeks_zps76f65c77.png  


Comments

  1. Ha! Scrambled Eggs saved my life. Not saying I craved them, or didn't get tired of them, but they were one thing I could have that didn't upset my stomach. I can't believe how small you are for being 19 weeks. I'm almost 15 and practically your same size. :) I haven't handled nausea well at all, and swore off having more later too. Though I'm sure Ill have motherhood amnesia and forget all of the trips to the bathroom as soon as Baby Morris is in my arms. We want a girl, but Chinese calendar says it's a boy... depending on how you calculate (due date, vs conception date). Well be thrilled with whatever we get though. I'm pretty dang nervous for baby # 1, but I think the closer it gets, the more excited I will be! Congrats!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts