Curtis' Chronicle: 3 months


I ask you-- how can I have milestone posts for one child and not the other? 'Tis not possible. So if you'd rather walk on a bed of smoking hot salmon than read Hannah's Memoir posts {found HERE}, then you're probably not going to like Curtis' Chronicle posts {found HERE}. Forgive me.

. . .

Hi, everybody! It's Curtis here. I am so excited to begin writing my own posts; you have no idea! I can hardly believe I've been on this earth nearly 3 months already. Where has the time gone?

For starters, let's take a short stroll down memory lane.

I was born on my due date {Feb 15, 2014}. I was on the fast track, so mom was only in the hospital for about 3 and 1/2 hours before I made my appearance. The only problem with that was that I got a little confused and tried coming out posterior. . . and got a little smooshed. My mom nicknamed me her little Smurf baby because I was so bruised.

 photo BruisedBaby_zps6b5fc294.png

Oh, snap. That wasn't much fun, so I'm sure glad I don't have to do that more than once!

. . .

Not long after my parents brought me home from the hospital, I amazed them with my talent for silent yodeling :

 photo CurtisCropped2_zps8972ddf8.png

Try to contain your jealousy, please. I'll give you a little hint if you'd like to pursue your own silent yodeling career: work on your nostril flare. It's the key!

. . .

My daddy is already my hero and I try to emulate him in every way. Namely? His hat.


 photo DaddysHat_zps401b9c48.png


 photo SideView_zps4623d29f.png

Okay, so maybe I have some room to grow. . . but just a little bit.

. . .

I'm working on becoming a muscle man and I think I'm making some pretty good progress. I mean, come on. Look at those guns!

 photo Modeling_zpsd0eb706b.png

And if the muscle man career takes an unexpected turn for the worse, I have a backup plan. I'm gonna be an actor, ya see. Here are some of my favorite faces thus far --

My look of utter uprightness {I'm like a plump little angel} :

 photo TheInnocent_zpsfcc649bc.png

. . . and contemplating the mysteries of the universe :

 photo ThePonderer_zpsbaaaf957.png

. . . and, of course, the look of hard core skepticism :

 photo TheDoubter_zps66ca51bf.png

Hollywood, here I come!

. . . .

I am already famous among close friends and family for having GMF or, in other words, "Grown Man Farts". I can put any man {or woman!} to shame with my bodily functions. The only downer is that I manage to blow out of nearly every other diaper. I'd show you photographic evidence, but I will spare you the horror.

Instead, look how cute I am in my bath towel!


 photo CurtisBathtime_zpsf84aa602.png

Awwww, right?

I know.

And let's face it, I make these coveralls look goooooood :

 photo Overalls_zps0c4836fe.png

By the way, what's the difference between "coveralls" and "overalls"? Mom won't tell me. . . Probably because she hasn't figured it out herself yet.

Oh, well. Such are the mysteries of life.

. . . .

I seem to have been bestowed with some killer dance moves, so be prepared to be amazed :


. . .

On May 4th, I was blessed by my dad. It was super stellar to have so many strong men hold me in the middle of a snug little circle and call down the powers of heaven to give me a name and blessing. I'm so happy to have such loving parents on this earth who will continue to teach me about my loving parents in heaven.

And besides, it made for an awesome excuse to wear a tux to church.

 photo BlessingDaywithGma_zpsc8f33b3f.png
Lovin' on my G-ma!

 photo BlessingDaywithMom_zps1556cd1e.png

 photo BlessingOutfit_zpscef069ff.png

. . .

All in all, I love going to church each week and seeing all of those new faces. There's always plenty to see, smell, and hear, that's for sure!

 photo ChurchGo-er_zps96c28aeb.png

I also love family parties. . . except for when my sensitive personality gets overwhelmed and I start to have sudden, ferocious melt downs. But, hey, no biggie. Just give me my daddy and I'm usually good to go!

 photo Noras1stbday_zps86885ccd.png

. . .

Some of you are probably familiar with the picture my mom uploaded of my sister giving me a hug :

 photo SiblingLove_zpsc42b47ec.png

But what you've never seen is the behind the scenes footage of how I really felt about the situation at first :

 photo BehindtheScenes_zpsbf5ee0e0.png

Mmmm-Hmmmm.

Thankfully, now I get along like peas and carrots with my sister. I love to smile whenever she gets close enough for me to see her. I long for the day when she and I can get into horrendous amounts of mischief together!

. . . .

People say they can tell I'm going to grow up to be a handsome man and that I look a lot like my mom. I'm not sure how that's good news for her ;) , but I'm still a lucky duck!

 photo cropped2_zps73c8c1d2.png

. . .

Mom dusted off the Bumbo the other day and I really loved the change of scenery. I just wish I wasn't so prone to leaning. . . I get stuck and don't have the muscles to pull myself up straight again! One day, I shall triumph over that seat. Just you wait, Bumbo, 'ol buddy. I'm comin' for you.

 photo Bumbo_zps26416dc4.png

. . . .

I can't wait to continue to grow up and learn new things! I'm surrounded by marvelous family and awesome friends, so I know I'm in good hands. Bring on the learning, baby! I'm ready for it!


Comments

Popular Posts