Must or Bust : Self Tanner and Shaving Lotion


In honor of the spring-ish weather we have been enjoying, I've decided to share how I keep from looking like a hairy tarantula while simultaneously blinding the world with my super white legs. Exciting stuff, to be sure.

. . .

Conditioner as Shaving Cream: Must

Unfortunately, this fella doesn't have an official picture. Boring, I know. But here's a link to a list of 10 alternatives for shaving cream {HERE}. I've only been brave enough to try the conditioner thus far and I can't say that I'll be falling all over myself to slather my legs in peanut butter. No, I'm serious. It really is on the list. Number 10, in fact. {Perhaps there's a reason it's last. :) }

I love how smooth it makes my skin after shaving and it's so simple! It doesn't wash off quickly like my shaving cream does, so that's another perk. One word of caution, however. It kinda sorta makes the bottom of your shower a temporary ice skating rink, so keep that in mind. No dancing in the shower as you shave your legs. Tempting, I know.

. . .

Sunless Tanning Lotion: Must

 photo theperfecttan_zpsf1110d67.jpg
{photo source}

I would have never stumbled across this jewel of intell if not for Pinterest. Seriously. Maskcara's little snippet about her favorite tanning lotion found HERE saved my poor little white legs. I would never wear shorts because my legs vehemently refuse to tan in the sun. I would need to lay out for 5 million hours with 6 inches of tanning lotion on JUST to take the edge off my pasty-ness. So naturally I was pleased when I tried Tanwise's Dark Bronzing Sunless Mousse and it actually worked.

I went a little crazy on my first application because it didn't look like it was going to be very dark, but after a couple of hours the lotion really kicked in and I was almost too tan-ish. So I would recommend starting out lightly and then adding more later in the day if you're still not satisfied.

{This picture was taken about 15 minutes after applying, so keep in mind that the "after" ended up considerably darker when all was said and done. So, basically, don't go all crazy on me and apply 5 coats before letting it settle in.}

 photo Tanner2_zps442703f2.png

And let the record show that I only applied the lotion to the lower quadrant of my legs and no where else. The rest of my exposed limbs seem to tan quite well during the summer, hence why I skipped them. So, alas, I cannot speak for the feasibility of smearing this stuff on your face. If you're determined, however, then I wish you good luck. You're a brave soul.

. . .

So what are you waiting for? Go kick start your summer!

Comments

Popular Posts