So Here I Am...

So here I am, sitting on my couch chowin' down on dry Honey Nut Scooters (the Malt O Meal brand of Honey Nut Cheerios) because I hate how milk makes them soggy if you have more than 2 in your bowl at one time.

My mind is still trying to right itself after the funny dream I had moments ago. I can't really remember anything that happened prior to this, but all of a sudden, I was back in Logan and I was driving home from work. It was about 9:30 pm, and it had snowed just enough to cover the grass. I remember distinctly 'pfff!'ing at the various apartment complexes that had their sprinklers on. People! It just snowed! Do you really need your sprinklers on?!?

At any rate, the funny part about my dream was that it felt SOOOO real! If I had a buck for each time I took that exact route home from work during the year I lived on my own, I would have mucho moneys.

In my dream, it was like I had never moved away-- I still had the exact speed down to where I didn't have to hit the brakes while going through 'the dip', I shot the gap through the main street traffic flawlessly, I remember the exact distance to the first stop sign-- I even had blaring music... which was the norm. ;) I was a pro all over again!!

That was until I heard the faint music of my text alert during the brief lapse in music. I looked down in my car to try and find my phone, but then I realized that it was my husband texting me from work and it jolted me out of my dream... the bum. Just kidding! I needed to get up in 9 minutes, anyway.

After I managed to roll out of bed (the thought of dry Cheerios lured me into the kitchen), I suddenly imaged a whiff of Panda Express. I know... I'm losing my mind. But I swear I smelled it. I immediately thought, "Oh! I think I'll go to Panda Express today!" while picturing the Panda Express in Logan (which was just down the road from my house). That's not normal, ya know. It would be much easier to imagine one of the 2 Panda Express' minutes away from where I live now instead of the one 2 hours away. But then I realized that I couldn't go to Panda Express even if I DIDN'T drive for two hours, because I don't have a job.

A poopy wife is one that spends her husband's money freely while pretending she worked for it. Spending money while married is inevitable (go figure!), but that doesn't mean one goes on a shopping spree and out to lunch without her husband on a frequent basis just because she 'feels like it'. And I don't want to be a poopy wife!

I guess I sometimes still have a hard time reconciling my past of "I want to eat out today so that's what I'm gonna do... right now." and "I've worked hard for this money, I've paid my bills, and that's a really cute shirt so I'm gonna buy it" to "I'm a dead beat with no job and only 4 private students so I can't buy that really cute shirt without my husband having to bite the bullet."

But, ahhh, such is married life. It is WONDERFUL, and I would rather be a dead beat with no job and only 4 private students with my husband than back in Logan working 40 hours a week with a closet full of cute clothes without my husband. Capeesh?

It's just that sometimes it's fun to think of all the stuff I did while supporting myself and having my own schedule to account for.

So, alas, here I am, sitting on my couch with an empty bowl. I'm sure a good 27 cheerios fell from my hand to the crevice of the cushion and when I stand up, I'll find 14 more underneath my bum. But that's just how Cheerios work.

Comments

  1. dear dead beat with out a job...
    what?! are you really calling my etc. a dead beat?! PAAAHLEASE! You are not a dead beat. You only just moved there and started trying to get students and you already have 4!! That is great! The fact that you are trying to teach students not only because you want to and like it, but to help out financially makes your whole statement about you being a dead beat without a job null and void. Capeesh? :) I just love you and I think you should know that I don't think anyone thinks of you as a dead beat. You make your hubby dinner and take it to him at work if needs be. You clean the place you live. You do what you can to make you hubby happy. AND you teach violin lessons to bring in a little spare cash!
    Maybe I'm so passionately telling you this because maybe subconsciously I'm lecturing myself. I have definitely felt like a dead beat without a job living off of Tyler who would rather be pursuing a real career than working in this job just to bring in money. I wish I was contributing more... but someone has to watch Luke, and I wouldn't have him at a daycare... and I like to be with him anyway. :)
    So, woman. The moral of the story is that NEITHER of us is a dead beat and... we are pretty cool women. the end.
    Epilogue:
    I want to go to Panda Express now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear wife (who, may I remind you, is NOT a dead beat, but a wonderful wife and companion!!!), you should go out to eat at Panda Express today. Don't worry! It's on me!

    Love,
    Your Husband!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear BreAnne,

    See how I've corrupted my husband into speaking like us? Heh. All part of the plan. I crack up every time he'll say something like, "Dear such-and-such, I hate you. The end". It doesn't happen very much, but when it does, it makes my life complete. ;) Oh how I love that man. And oh how I love you! You made me smile with your comment-- it was exactly what I needed. And, heck yes, we are some mighty cool "etc" women.

    Dear Chuck,

    I love you. And while I didn't end up going to Panda Express today, I did spend roughly 60 doll hairs at Harmons on groceries and gas. So, yeah. Be thankful I didn't want Panda after all. Are you sure you still love me? ;) hahahaha! Just kidding!

    Luff,
    Your wifey!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts