How I Met My Hubby - Part 2

I'm sure that reading the sequel of how my husband and I met is the reason you got out of bed this morning, right?

I totally thought so.

You read in Part One that I went from having no internet {and thereby no feasible way to sign up for a dating site} to messaging some hot, smart, captivating guy all in about 24 hours.

To make a long story short, after I sent him a message on Match.com, we ended up communicating a total of around 96 pages {size 12 font, single spaced}, most of it before we ever met in person.

Our first date was a double-date with my sister, Kristy, and her hubby. We met in Park City, went out to dinner, and then to a movie {we saw "All About Steve". . . not my favorite Sandra Bullock movie, but I was hardly paying attention to the movie anyway :D}. After the movie, my sister decided that Chuck probably wasn't going to murder me and cart my carcass around in his trunk, so they went home and we went out for ice cream. The next day, I coerced Chuck to take me to the State Fair in his sexy yellow Neon SRT-4.

I remember calling my mom on my way back to my apartment, freaking out because I had so much fun! I couldn't wait to go out with him again. A few communication-related hiccups later {let's just say that I was a weird hormonal woman who threw some curve balls into the equation with my inconsistency}, we were going to Lagoon with my other sister, Jenny, and her husband.

After he dropped me off that night, he went to give me a kiss on the cheek. I panicked and totally side-stepped him. Denied. Immediately after shutting the door, I felt horrible and like a complete idiot. I wanted to run out into the parking lot after him, but I was far too embarrassed. Thankfully, he's not the kind of guy to be easily disheartened. {Thank goodness!}

The next thing we knew, we were off on a impromptu trip to Price with Kristy's family and some of their friends to go 4-wheeling and dirt biking.





Six months later {on Feb 10, 2010}, this happened:




Closely followed by our engagement pictures: 





And the rest is history, folks :)

Comments

Popular Posts