Shopping Trips Are Such Joys. . .

Once upon a time, my all-time favorite pair of jeans (the pair that got me through my entire pregnancy, bless their hearts) ripped a major hole in my thigh area. I guess it's because my thighs rub together as I walk and the friction was just too much for the poor things to handle. Of course, I sealed their fate by getting in and out of our truck. Having to reach my leg really high and heave my bulk into our truck + pants with a small hole = pants with a large hole and a woman who thought she surely tore her muscles when she heard her pants rip. {Boy, was I glad it was just my pants!}

I'm a picky person when it comes to jeans. Call me crazy, but I don't want jeans with so many rhinestones on the bum that people think I have a 5 year old with a "Bedazzler". Thanks, but no thanks. I also have a very strong aversion to skinny jeans for reasons that shan't be mentioned on this blog ;) Flare jeans are my bestest friend, but they are becoming more and more difficult to find.

To make a long story short {because heaven only knows how long Hannah's nap will last}, I decided to go clothes shopping with Hannah while my hubs was at work a couple days ago. Baaaaaaaaaa-aaaaaaad idea. She was having an off day to begin with, but I thought she'd be fine in the store. I found a bunch of cute clothes to try on {Go Target, Go!}, made my way into the dressing room while nearly knocking the whole stall down trying to maneuver my cart inside with one hand, and managed to get one article of clothing on before Hannah started her meltdown.

She DEMANDED on being held. The second she saw the thought cross my mind to put her back in her car seat, she started whimpering. If I followed through on that thought, she began to scream like I was slowly murdering her.

I gave up.

I walked around the store holding her until she calmed down because I reeeeallly needed some new clothes (ones without holes, ya know) and I have such a hard time finding some I like. I went back to the dressing rooms for 'Round 2' and no sooner got the door closed when she started up again. I prayed for forgiveness from all the other folks in the dressing rooms and let her wail as I tried on the rest of my clothes at lightening speed.

To give you an idea of how pissed Hannah was: when I walked out of the dressing room and handed the dear ladies behind the counter the clothes I didn't want, they asked if she was okay. They admitted to being quite worried about her. Yeah. Pretty sure my kid is like a chameleon and can change colors at will when she's mad. Pink - Purple - Red. She's got it all.

Some things I learned on this adventure is that 1) clothes shopping alone with a 3 month old is often a recipe for disaster 2) I can't fit my booty into size 5 jeans anymore no matter how I wiggle or jiggle. 3) Target has some super cute clothes. 4) Don't ever try to drive their shopping carts with one hand into the dressing room.

Words of wisdom, indeed.

But when she's not having ill-timed meltdowns, this is what she's up to these days:





Comments

  1. Cute cute cute video! Also, too bad your etc wasn't there to hold her so you could try new clothes on in peace. Sounds like luke's decision to be sick came at particularly poor timing. :-( we'll have to plan better next time. Also, did you end up with a cute new pair of jeans? I wouldn't worry too much about your jean size right now, if I recall, your body goes into weight loss mode every summer and you get so skinny. Wish mine would do that for me. Instead I make cheese cake and eat it too. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. P.s. It is sad to find out via your blog that flare jeans have booted me to the back seat in the best friend truck. ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts