Moab.


This post will probably be really boring to 99% of you because it's about cars. And that's okay. Just slide your finger on down and look at the pictures and say, "Oooooh." and "Preeeetty." 

Then you can look forward to the posts I'm going to write tomorrow and the next day {depending on how smoothly my days go, of course}.

Deal?

Alrighty then.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

I mentioned earlier that Chuck and I went to Moab to celebrate our 2-year anniversary {whoop- whoop!}. My mother and other-mother {also known as Jill, whose oldest daughter and I have been joined at the hip from, like, the second day of kindergarten} were kind enough to take turns watching Hannah for us.

So after dropping our wailing kid off and speeding away in our sexy race car {featured here}, we finally arrived in Moab, Utah.

Such a fun little tourist town, it is. Full of crazy things to do. And if you really want, I'm sure you could go get lost on a hike or fall off a mountain and never be found, if you're into that sort of stuff.

However, we were there for the annual "April Action Car Show".

The first stop we made was to wash the car. I was so busy slapping floor mats on the pavement and covering myself in dust that so I failed to take any pictures of that blessed event.

Fired, I know.

Now, what I really wish I would have snapped a picture of was the totaled Jeep that was parked in front of the "Rent-A-Jeep-And-Good-Luck-Hope-We-See-You-Again"/"We'll-Take-You-On-A-Jeep Tour" place across the street. The thing had clearly rolled over. Many times. I turned to Chuck {who was dutifully wiping down the door jam of the car} and said, "Hmmm. Maybe they should park that in the back. Or cover it with leaves. Or somethin'."

Crazy Moab people. Wreckage does not inspire confidence. The end.

Then we arrived at the car show {after taking a couple of wrong turns} and snapped a couple pictures:


F.Y.I. Chuck is putting his hand against the wheel so you can see how 'tubbed' it is.  That thing was deep. You could fall in. :)

See how thick the tires are? Niiice.

Theeeeen my camera ran out of batteries. Five minutes after getting to the car show. I'm pretty prepared like that. We didn't want to deal with the hassle of parking the car again, so we decided to walk to Main Street and hope we came out close to a place that sold batteries.

HA!

Yeah, right.

. . .

. . . . .

. . . . . . . About 30 minutes later we were up and rolling again.


I know he looks really excited in that picture. . .




Yeah, I often detail my car by hand in the hot sun, too. With a million people watching. No biggie.



Chuck's favorite :)







All in all, the car show was a success. The weekend was a success! Our kid was only a TINY bit of a pill, which was good to hear. We found the world's best carne asada burrito. Chuck and I haven't died of disease from our hotel yet, either. {Actually, the room was clean despite being very, very cheap. I just have a phobia about hotel rooms. Especially the sheets. And the shower. Even though I'm sure they're cleaner than my own at home, they still give me the heebie-jeebies}

However, I will say this about the weekend. If I had a buck for every boobie I saw, I would be a wealthy woman. Seriously, ladies? You don't need to have your assets nearly falling out of your clothes in order to be appreciated. Trust me. All that accomplishes is to suck in and suffocate any creature unfortunate enough to get too close. Not lovely. Sorry.

Okay, I'm done. :)

Comments

  1. What wonderful mothers you have. That sounds like a lot of fun minus the boobies part. I think it is more important for you to be able to breathe than for some lady's boobies to get some fresh air. maybe I'm being unreasonable though.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts