Must or Bust: Glass Etching and Pore Cleaning


Howdy-Do! How is your fall going so far? Are you stuffing your face with pumpkin-flavored-everything? My best friend, BreAnne, invited me up to her house to try our hand at making pumpkin cinnamon rolls. Hannah was being a weirdie and refused to let me put her down. . . so I basically supervised. :)

This week's must or bust was rather sketchy at times. . . but I'll explain the deatails later!

Without further ado, I give you:

Glass Etching : MUST

{source}

I followed this tutorial over at "You Seriously Made That?!" HERE.  Super, super easy, folks. I'm not even kidding. I used a coupon at Michael's to get the glass etching stuff, and just used a spongie brush I had laying around. I didn't have any wide masking tape, so I just used duct tape. Worked like a charm!

I was wary of messing up with my hand writing, so I printed my desired word in a cute bold font on regular paper; cut it out using an exacto knife, and then traced it onto my duct tape. Then I used the exacto knife to cut it on the tape {just like in the tutorial}. Worked like a charm!

Just to reiterate the importance of caution during this project : don't lick the etching stuff off of your paintbrush. I'm sure that's very tempting, after all. ;) {totally kidding} But, seriously, this stuff does not play nicely with your body. Either use gloves or be super-de-duper careful. . . especially when it comes to peeling off your tape and rinsing your paintbrush. Truth be told, I ended up just throwing away my paintbrush because it was on its last leg anyway and I wasn't about to clean it thouroughly without gloves.

Capeesh?

And just in case you were wondering what my life would look like if you were looking through a 9x13 baking dish newly etched with my last name, this would be it :

{sorry it's so hard to see. . . it looks better in real life, I promise!}


Okee-dokee. Moving on.

. . . . .

Baking Soda Black Head Remover: BUST

{PICTURE source}

I know. Gross, right?! Well, recently my skin has decided to rebel with great ferocity and I was willing to try anything to help turn the tides in my favor. I thought I'd try this simple, easy cleaner found over at ExpressNightOut.com HERE.

All it is is 1/4 cup milk and 1 T. baking soda. "That can't be too bad, right?" I thought. Well, I was right!. . . It wasn't bad. . . until I got a tiny bit in my mouth. And until I got a whiff of it.

You wanna talk about gross?!? Seriously. Don't open your mouth unless it's to breathe.

I didn't notice a HUGE difference like some of the Pinterest reviewers were raving on about. . . so that means one of two things must have happened.

1) My skin wasn't one big blackhead and maybe theirs was? {I know. . . I hope you're not eating :D}

2) I didn't do it right.

I don't know how I could've messed up a two-ingredient recipe, but you never really know! I'll probably try it again down the road if I'm desperate again and want to feel cool like I own a spa, but I'm not entirely sure it's worth wasting the ingredients.

. . . .

Stay tuned in another two weeks for more fun {hopefully!} Pinterest Must or Busts!

Comments

  1. I'm really impressed for this easy tips on doing an etched glass, I will follow this blog as my guide to make successful etched glass. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts