Hannah's Memoir: 17 months


Mom told me to wait until I was 18 months to write another post, but I just can't wait. Patience isn't my strong suit, after all.

I'm beginning to look and act like a little girl more every day. Goodbye, baby; Hello, little lady! I love it! Mom keeps looking at me and then exclaiming, "Stop growing! When did you get so big?" I have no idea what she's talking about. I'm just getting started, silly woman! :)

. . . .

I have absolutely no qualms with walking these days. Racing around on my knees can't get me to all the places I need to go fast enough, so I've conceded that mom and dad were right all along-- walking is the way to go.  I try running, but I'm still not quite stable enough to do it for long before face planting it. I always seem to wait to biff it until I'm on a hard surface, too. That's just how I roll.  

 photo WalkingHomeeditedsign_zps89ea830b.png

. . .

I'm getting better at playing along when mom sings "Patty Cake'. I even try to sing along sometimes. It doesn't sound too great, but everybody keeps tells me that I do a good job. I guess I'm a natural-born entertainer! I should be able to sign some contract deals anytime now. Get ready for "Patty Cake" like you've never heard it before!

I've got an obsession with walking around with things in my mouth. . . just for fun.

 photo Walkingwithstuffinhermouth_zps317889fe.png

Don't judge.

. . .

My first word besides "Mama" and "Dada" is. . .

. . .wait for it. . .

SHOE.

Ma and Pa hope this obsession of mine curbs before I get a hold of their credit cards. They can dream. I love shoes so much that I've even been known to carry around my parent's shoes and relocate them throughout the house. I'm sure they really appreciate playing hide-and-go-seek with their footwear.


 photo HelpfulShoeReplacer_zps7cae2b42.png

. . .

I'm a professional toilet paper roll terrorizer. . .

 photo IMAG0047_zpsa509133d.jpg


And I might as well be in a rock-n-roll band because I can head bang, give high-fives and "knuckles/bones", and now I even have purple painted toe nails.. What else do you need?

 photo FirstPaintedPigs_zpsc31c1219.png

. . .

I've been diligently learning to feed myself with a spoon but I'm not very accurate. How do you people do it?! Little hands, little spoon, little mouth, and slippery food. It's a recipe for disaster if I've ever heard one.

 photo SpoonCollage_zps2b33f1c3.jpg

. . .

I copy everything and anything I can. So far in my repertoire is: trying to comb my hair with a new sponge brush I found:

 photo Combingwithasponge_zpsbf3a4742.png


. . . and pretending to talk and text on anyone's phone. Or remote. I'm not picky. Mom says it's hilarious to watch my itty-bitty thumbs punching the screen like I'm typing a message. She laughs now. Wait until I'm on their phone plan. She won't think it's so funny then, I'll betcha!

. . . 

The second word that I really like to say is: ROOM! I think it's probably because my Pop is a car guy, but I've also been known to shout it when someone gives me "knuckles/bones". I mean, come on. "Boom" and "Room" are too close together.

Speaking of car guys, we all went to a car show in Moab a little bit ago. I had a ton of fun playing with my new bestest friend, Brooklyn, but the highlight of the adventure was probably cruising around on dad's back:

 photo PiggyBackRide_zps43576efb.png

 photo MoabCarShow_zpsfefc6f63.png

. . . . .

I just love life. Isn't it the greatest?!?! Now I'd better wrap this up before mom figures out I highjacked her laptop.

Shhh. . . don't tattle on me!


. . .

{to see my previous memoirs, click HERE}

Comments

Popular Posts