Must or Bust: The Easiest Way to Hang a Picture


Hello!

I'm slowly starting to get back in the swing of things. . . slowly. We've had a few home-related hiccups this past week that kinda make me want to pull out tufts of hair, but all is well. This little fella was definitely NOT a hiccup, however. It was nothing short of a miracle.



The Easiest Way To Hang A Picture: MUST


 photo Drill-hole-1_zps53bf6ae1.jpg
{picture source}

Seriously, you guys. I tried this trick found over at "I Heart Nap Time" HERE and fell in love. I am horrible at measuring anything {much to my amazingly accurate husband's chagrin} but I'm particularly horrible at measuring on the walls. This tape concept makes it much easier for me to "measure" the distance between holes, as well as make sure the holes are straight and centered.

Genius, I say. Pure genius.

Brace yourself for my absolutely awe-inspiring phone pictures.

 photo IMAG0074_zpsf574ff91.jpg

 photo IMAG0075_zps81c7f494.jpg


Voila.

I also found it helpful for those pictures that don't have two holes. I just mark the center and use the tape to help me make sure the nail ends up right where I want it. Make sense?

 photo IMAG0076_zps2ea92088.jpg 

It's all very scientific.

{ahem}

Or not. But it makes hanging pictures a breeze. So, go on, try it. Words of advice: make sure you use tape that won't stick to your paint {i.e. painter's tape}. Also, when you decide to hang your pictures, don't be a dummy like me and hang them only to realize that once you get curtains, you'll have to move them.

My brainpower truly amazes me sometimes.

:)

 

Comments

Popular Posts