Must or Bust: Homemade Cream of Chicken Soup

I'll be honest with you.

This is probably going to be one of the most boring Must or Busts ever. I'm sorry. I would do a little song and dance to make it more lively, but I fear that will only make you run away faster. So I'll keep my feet firmly planted and share with you my newest adventure:

Homemade Cream of Chicken Soup: Mostly Must

 photo cream-of-whatever_zps7925c6ad.png
{source}


I've been meaning to try this recipe over at "A Frugal, Simple Life" HERE for a medium-sized eternity but I've always just caved to the convenience of store-bought canned soup. I mean, honestly, how many of us want to take the time to make something from scratch when we can just pop the top and pour?

Well, I do. Sometimes. When I'm feeling productive. And also when I fail to buy any soup and want to make tuna casserole. Nothing like being stuck between a rock and a hard place to motivate some homemade goodness! :)

This recipe was simple, easy, and pretty quick {the hardest part is waiting for it to thicken up while stirring it on the stove}. I made the Cream of Chicken variety and used sage instead of poultry seasoning. I would recommend tasting it before calling it "good to go" simply because my finished product tasted slightly bland with the homemade soup vs. the store bought kind. It was also much less goopy/thick than what you'll find in the can, so be sure to take that into account. However, I will say that it looked yummy enough to eat all by itself! Maybe I'll try that next time.

All in all, I would definitely try this again.

. . . .

You can stop biting your fingernails now. The excitement has abated. You may continue on with your lives until next time. :)

Comments

Popular Posts