Vacation Time!


Apparently I should've married my husband years ago (despite the fact that I didn't know him then) because I had the most fun I've EVER had at the annual Cache Valley Cruise-In car show. That's really saying something considering I've been going for 22 years. =)

Let me lay out some of the traditions for you:

1) caravan to Smith and Edward's Super Store ("surplus-plus!") and walk virutally every ailse. If you've ever been to Smith and Edward's, you know that such a thing takes quite the staunch person because it takes a good 78 hours. Well, bringing a husband brought on a whole new side to Smithy's and I had a BLAST.
Now, you have to understand that the following pictures hardly do the darn things justice, but have you ever heard of Mickey Mouse boots? They're military issued and once on your feet, they keep your feet warm come what may. They also make you look like Mickey Mouse with feet 4x bigger than necessary.

Point and case:


(they may not look very big in the pictures, but I PROMISE YOU, they look ginormous in real life. I almost died laughing.)

Of course, Chuck was looking for some for ice fishing. According to him, you could live in these boots if you thought you could fit your kitchen sink in there. The only problem? They cost about $170 brand new, and $59.99 used. When comparing the two, you might think "What a deal!" but when you're the wife standing in the aisle of boots and you think your husband is 1) joking about their validity, and 2) joking about wanting them, you puttin' near swallow your tongue when he flips the price tag toward you. I told him he would have to go ice fishing every day of winter if we were to get them, and he plopped them in the cart.


We did a lot of 'plopping' because we spent a whopping $240 dollars total. I think the most I've ever spent there is $5 bucks on candy. Moral? One should always bring (and never bring) a husband to Smith and Edward's.

2) play around in the river once at the fairgrounds


3) Get a picture in front of the most ridiculous (& yet well restored nonetheless) car in the entire park from a dear sweet little old man. Oh, no, wait. That's a new tradition, apparently. =P


4. Ogle at countless hot, hot, hot rods for hours on end. THrRrrRrRRrr!













Comments

Popular Posts