The Potter and the Clay

I know that I already posted once today, but I just couldn't keep this under my hat until tomorrow :]

In the January Ensign, there's an article labeled "The Potter and the Clay". It was originally given by President Heber C. Kimball in 1854.

I'd just like to share one quote that I really, really loved. It touched my heart and told me exactly what I needed to hear.

"When a person is miserable, wretched, and unhappy in himself, put him in what circumstances you please, and he is wretched still. If a person is poor, and composes his mind, and calmly submits to the providences of God, he will feel cheerful and happy in all circumstances, if he continues to keep the commandments of God."

I'm hear to tell you that what applied in 1854 still applies in 2011 :]

Comments

Popular Posts