Roadtrip!

My husband and I went down to little ol' Ephraim on Wednesday to visit my old music professor, Dr. S.



Holy-time-of-my-life.

I'm sure Chuck wanted to kick me out of the car, though, because I was like a kid in a candy store. I don't know why, exactly. I guess it just brought back so many good memories that I couldn't keep my inner wiggles from spilling out!

We went out to eat at a yummy pizza place at 6:40, and then went back to Dr.S' house to talk until about 9:45. It was so fun to be able to catch up on all that has happened in each of our lives since we last saw each other. It was really fun! Have I mentioned that I had fun?

Okay, good. I was just making sure.

We were able to go to the Manti temple the next morning, and that was such a neat experience! Holy moley! Of course, I had to borrow one of Dr. S' wife's skirts because I totally forgot my own... and buy an extremely uncomfortable pair of shoes that will never see the light of day again, too... but it was all worth it. :]


I even got to play with the Chamber orchestra group... On a borrowed violin.... That was for the pedagogy students. Say no more, right?  It was an ideal violin... for a beginner.  I kicked myself about 1,450 times for leaving mine behind on purpose. So not only was I equipped with a completely different sounding violin, but I had to borrow a bright turquoise sponge to act as my shoulder rest. Which, mind you, is held on by a rubber band. I was so classy, EVERYBODY wished they were me.

Oooohh yeah.

The only reason I played with them was because I knew it was the first day of class. I figured they would be sight-reading, the same as me. HA. What I failed to remember was that the Chamber orchestra has different rules than the Symphony orchestra. They had practiced some of the pieces before. So there I was, with a rinky-dink violin held together with an over sized sponge, scratching my way through a piece they had played before. I felt like a loser. L-O-S-E-R.

But I got over it. Because it was still super fun to be playing under the direction of Dr. S again.

So, alas, the trip held a whole barrel full of fun for both Chuck and me... and you can't go wrong there. :]

Comments

Popular Posts