A Nice Little Meal

So I thought I'd share a few of the recipes I've tried out the last couple of days. 'Cause I'm crazy like that.

First off, your main course:

Apple Cider Beef Stew.



I'm way, way too lazy to type out the entire recipe, so you're just gonna have to click here to get it. The Review? It was pretty good. Maybe 8/10 or thereabouts. It was unique because it tasted rather sweet (hence the apple cider), and my taste buds were a little weirded out. . . but all in all, it was good. I did change the recipe a little. . . I don't much care for frozen veggies because they almost always come out tasting like soggy cardboard, so I chopped up 4 medium potatoes, 4 carrots, 2 celery sticks, and a couple slices of onion to compensate. I did throw in a can of peas and mushrooms, but I omitted the water chestnuts. Oh, and I only had it in the crock pot for around 5 hours, not 6-7. Maybe my crock pot is just a ninja. Who knows.

Secondly, your side-dish:

"Red Lobster" Cheddar Bay Biscuits.



Oh mylanta. Marry me now. These things were super easy and SUPER yummy. Mmmm Mmmm Mmmm... Click here to get the recipe. I used sharp cheddar cheese, and they were heavenly. Yes, sir. All 12 of them. Oh, but I would suggest spraying a little Pam on your baking sheet (even though the recipe calls for 'ungreased'). Otherwise, you'll have bottomless biscuits because they will be stuck to the pan :)

Lastly, your dessert:

Pumpkin Cookies with Caramel Frosting.


These things were an absolute hit at my husband's work. As in. . .  I expected more than one fellow to mug my husband, throw him behind a dumpster, steal his clothes, and try and pass themselves off as my one true love so they'd have free access to the cookies any day of the week. Or at the very least, jump in the trunk and follow him home, sit on the porch steps, and wait patiently for any additional handouts. But don't be fooled, the frosting looks nothing like it does in that picture. When you follow the recipe exactly and your frosting looks like some sickly brown puddle instead of this perfect-off-white-cream-cheese stuff, don't be afraid. Mine did, too. But it still tastes super yummy. Here is the recipe.

Now you're all set for a killer yummy meal :)  


Comments

  1. uhm wow! Going to make those! Yum yum yum!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmm...maybe with my day off today I'll make this. Sounds soooo good, I'm slobbering, and I had breakfast! :) Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. not so sure about the main dish but I know I like red lobster's biscuits so if they are as yummy as they are supposed to be then you can bet I'll be making them soon. Also... those cookies are making my mouth water everytime I think about them. Also again.... um... why do you keep posting about treats that makes my mouth water? doesn't anyone want me to get back to my pre-prego weight?! first Tyler, now you! sheesh! :-)
    p.s. i'm never the first one to comment on your blogs anymore. I feel like I must be slow or something.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts