A Grateful Heart

I wish I had something amazingly interesting to write about tonight. Buuuuuut, I don't. So instead, I thought I'd write about some of the things I'm thankful for right now. That's always fun. And it should get your wheels turning about all of the things that are going right in your life right now. It's far too easy to get blinded by the looming issues in life that we each forget to think about the little things we appreciate, and often take for granted.


  • I walked outside a few minutes ago to call Zoe back inside from her potty break. I tried to whistle like my husband and failed miserably, so I resorted to poking my head around the side of our stairwell and calling her name. I didn't see my dog right off, but I saw the amazing stars that were shining all over the place. It seems like lately I've either been passed out on my bed long before the stars are out, the clouds are covering them, or I'm too busy to look up. But they're always there, shining for our benefit. When was the last time you simply stared up into the night sky for no other purpose than to enjoy the stars?
  • I'm very grateful for the men and women who sacrifice so much for our freedom. There have been more people who have given their lives for my freedom than I can count, and I hope they know how thankful I am.
  • This is another thing I take for granted. . . hot water. Immediate hot water, no less. I don't have to hike through a boogy-monster infested wilderness for hours on end only to have to cart a heavy carton of anything-but-clean water back to my house, start a fire, endure the arduous journey of heating it up, and then take a sponge bath because my water is too valuable to actually bathe in. Instead, I walk into the bathroom, turn on the faucet, and within seconds, I have a steamy haven to relax and rejuvenate in.
  • General Conference for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints is tomorrow and Sunday. I am so beyond excited to listen to the Prophet and Apostles {and other leaders in the church} give needed direction and counsel. And the best part? In another 6 months we get to do it all over again!
  • Oddly enough, I'm thankful that I'm ticklish. Because if I were made of rock, my husband and I wouldn't have had the many moments of bonding where I've been vainly trying to play dead while he tickles me mercilessly. He says he loves to hear me laugh, and I have to admit-- laughter has a way of fixing things. All things. So just laugh about something. . . you might just surprise yourself.
  • Spell-check. More specifically, I'm thankful for my ability to read and write. It's so easy to forget that there are still people {many people, I daresay} who don't have that luxury. It's hard to fathom.
  • I'm thankful for those teachers in my past who helped make me who I am today. I'm thankful for their kindness, attention, and endless dedication to me and my peers. I hope they know how often I think back on them.
  • Music is amazing. It really is. And what is even more amazing is that Heavenly Father blessed me with a talent for it. I only hope that I show forth my appreciation appropriately and do everything in my power to share this gift I have been given. I want to continue to touch lives; to offer hope and comfort; or even to just give a few moments of pure entertainment free from the distractions of the world. And the best part? I can still do that while making mistakes :) 
  • I'm tickled pink for the internet because it allows me to share little pieces of my happiness with people I've never met. The following clips and pictures are things that make me smile. Every. Single. Time. And heaven knows I'm thankful for a good smile.

I just love everything about that old picture! Such stories it tells.
source



Be sure to stick it out until the end on this one:



Comments

Popular Posts