Hannah's Baby Blessing

We blessed Hannah yesterday, and it was so good to see all of our loving friends and family come to support us!

In classic fashion, nothing went quite as smoothly as I had planned. . . but I guess that's just how life goes. To give you an idea, I forgot to tell my best friend and her family that our church building had changed and so they ended up in a building full of single adults {not very conducive to baby blessings}. They barely made it in time to hear the blessing :P We failed to inform my mother-in-law that there was a possibility that we'd be using her area of the house for the party {seeing how we live in the basement and all} because we planned on holding it in the backyard all along. . . but of course, the weather turned colder and windy and so we bombarded her with a large hoard of hungry people with no forewarning. Thank goodness she's a total sweetheart and handled it beautifully.

My family and friends all pitched in to help bring some food, and all in all, I'd say the day was a success.

My husband did an absolutely amazing job declaring a blessing on our little squirt. He's such a tenderhearted, spiritual man and I'm so thankful to have him as the Priesthood holder and leader of our family. I couldn't be a luckier duck!

So, as promised, here are some of the pictures my family took. . . but first, I have to tell you the story about her blessing dress.

For some unknown reason, I had the hardest time thinking of shelling out $45+ buckeroos for a dress Hannah would wear once. Call me crazy. I know that blessing dresses are often considered heirlooms, but I just kept putting it off. Finally, I decided I'd better get something figured out or my kid was going to be blessed in a Wal-Mart bag tied together with toilet paper and white string.

I looked on KSL for nice 'previously owned' dresses, but the cheapest one I found that I liked was about $35. I looked on another site and found a darling one for about $47. I thought seriously about ordering it, but I was still suffering from 'cheap-mommy-itis'. My mother and I went shopping at some outlet stores a couple days later and I found a cute dress for only $18.

The catch?

The smallest they had was a 2T {which generally fits a 2 year old}.

But thanks to some mad safety pin skills exhibited by my better half, we made it work. So now she'll get to wear her dress more than once! And it only cost $18. So even though she was a 4 month old drowning in a 2T dress, she still managed to be cute as a button! :)




Comments

  1. I didn't get to see her dress while we were there but it looks cute! Good find and nice clothes pin skills. One nice thing is that blessing dresses always seem to be drowning the poor child anyway so I bet it looked like it was meant to be if anything.

    Chuck did do a great job and I'm glad you answered my phone call during the opening song so we could run down the road to the other church. Good thing this is Utah so it only took like 30 seconds instead of 30 minutes to find the next church haha! We got to be there for the important stuff! :-) nice shindig by the way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Look at those big blue eyes!! She is such a doll!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts