Must or Bust: Binky Clips

I hope everyone had a FABULOUS fourth of July! The hubs has started a new position in his company and they gave him the day off! WOOHOO! If you know my husband, that never happens. Ever. Days off are few and far in between!

We drove around looking for car parts {we're SUPER good at it} and stuffed our face with yummy Papa Murphey's pizza. We just finished up a stroll around the neighborhood, and Miss Squeaker is passed out in bed.

No BBQ.

And no fireworks.

. . . Because we're really boring like that. And because we don't have moola to spend on colored fire that lasts 20 seconds. And because our kid is too small to care. And because our state is already aflame, and there's no need to add to it. {My thoughts and prayers go out to those affected by the fires and to the brave firefighters who have been working their tushes off to put them out. You all are amazing!}

So, basically, if you're coming to me for awesome firework pyrotechnics, you've come to the wrong place. If you've come to me to crochet your own binky clip {for your offspring. . . not yourself}, then you're in luck. It just so happens I've found just the thing:



Crochet Your Own Binky Clip: Must

{source}

I wish I could say that mine turned out just as cute as hers. . . but my flower is a little special. And I apparently can't tie knots, because my flower flops over the mitten clip all the time. . . but this isn't about me and my inability to do stuff. :)

Follow her tutorial HERE and you will be set for life.

Now for a few words of wisdom:

-- Make at least two. Because if your kid is anything like mine, she'll see the flower and contort her body so that she can get it in her mouth. And she will slobber all over it. And spit up all over it. Let's just say that it will get dirty, and you'll want to throw it in the wash periodically. Having a back-up will save you.

-- Don't go crazy with your single crochet stitch and make a 40 inch chain. I know it's tempting to show off your mad skills, but there's a possibility that your little one can get it wrapped around her arm/neck/leg/who knows what and cut off circulation and stuff. Not good. So just keep that in mind as you're making this.

-- I didn't have any of those fancy 'loop' buttons, so I just sewed on a couple regular buttons. I wouldn't recommend it for two reasons: 1) it's a pain in the bum to sew it on in exactly in the center, which also happens to be over the hole created by your flower 2) I'm paranoid that my button-sewing-skills aren't up to par and Squeaker will be able to chew off the button and choke. If you have your button tied like in the tutorial, I don't see it being as big of a deal. So just do whatever works for you!

. . . . . .

I hope you enjoyed this Must or Bust! Please feel free to send me free cookies or a new car or something. ;) For those of you who may have just dropped by, you can see some of my other Pinterest attempts on the sidebar to the right titled "The Must or Bust series". Original, I know.


Comments

Popular Posts