Dear Boppy Pillow. . .


I was reading one of my favorite blogs today {Enjoying the Small Things}, and one of her pictures triggered an interesting flash back.

It was a simple picture of her two little girls laying on the living room floor by a Boppy pillow. You know, one of these:

{source}

I was immediately bowled-over by my memories with that dear little pillow.

As it stands, our acquaintance wasn't what I first expected when I found out I was pregnant. Let me illustrate what I can in the form of a quick note to my oh-so-friendly Boppy pillow.

. . . . .

Dear Bopps,

First of all, let me apologize for stuffing you in the very back of the bedroom closet where you remain to this day. And I'm sorry if I ever launched you across the room during those first few months of Hannah's life. It was either you or my husband, and you were a lot easier to get my hands on. I'm sure you understand.

I realize now that I probably should have asked you for advice on feeding my baby because you came from the family of a successful breastfeeder {a.k.a. my sister}, and as such, I'm sure you could have imparted some valuable wisdom.

You were there to hug my post-baby belly when company came over, successfully hiding it from view. You were there to support many an arm of well wishers who came to welcome my baby into the circle of family and friends. You saw many tears, and even caught a few. You never complained when I procrastinated washing your cover because I was just too tired to do a load of laundry. You never had a moments rest and never complained when I stuffed you under my armpits every hour and a half; day and night; for a frustrating feeding attempt.

You didn't get offended when we busted out the handy-dandy breast pump and you took a backseat for a while. You didn't throw a fit or judge me when I just couldn't bring myself to use you anymore because of pain and inadequacy. My memories with you are hard ones, but they are also glorious in the fact that they were when my soul was stretched to a new capacity of compassion and sacrifice.

If you had never come into my life, I would have no clue what a challenge breastfeeding can be and I wouldn't have been able to sympathize with other women in my life. If you had never come into my life, I would definitely have had exhausted arms. Who knew 7 pounds of baby could get so heavy so fast!

Thank you for being there for me, Boppy, ol' pal. I hope our next round will provide a heap of even better memories for our collection.

Sincerely,

Me  

. . . .


{Just for the record, this wasn't meant to make anyone in my life feel like I got the most support from my pillow. hahaha! I have amazing friends and family who came to my aide when I needed it the most, and I will be forever grateful!}

Comments

  1. You are so cute and creative, Jessica. Keep up this Blog - you will treasure these entries years from now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those boppy pillows stuck with us through our craziest, most overwhelming new mom moments. I'm glad mine can't speak... because then people might know about all the crazy, hormonal, sleep deprived things I did! :) haha

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts