Perhaps Not The Best Idea. . .


This is just a quick post to share another funny bump along the path of motherhood. Thankfully, Hannah still has all her fingers and toes and is yet to find herself in a full body cast, so don't worry. It's just that I found a list of fun activities for little ones over at "The Stay-at-Home Mom Survival Guide" HERE.

This morning, I thought that I'd test one out and let Hannah play with a spoonful of flour in her high chair. It's said to be wonderful for their sensory development, and I don't doubt that it is. It's fun, easy, cheap, and safe if they decide to taste it {which, let's face it, is an eventuality}. However, if you plan on doing this with your wee ones, don't turn your back for a minute.

Because if you do, THIS is what you'll find.


Yeah. That's the side of her crib {the curse of a small apartment is the crib in the dining room} covered in little flour-y fingerprints. And it's super hard to see because she was so excited she wouldn't hold still, but there's flour all over the side of her nose.

Things just got better when I took off the tray to hose it off in the sink. . .


Suffice it to say that the flour stayed pretty much everywhere BUT the tray.  :)

I definitely didn't expect this to be a clean activity, but it still surprised me the mess she was able to make in only a few minutes. Will I do it again? Absolutely. Was the fun she had worth the 30 seconds of extra clean up? You betcha.

Is being a mom still the best dang job in the whole wide world? Beyond a doubt.

Comments

Popular Posts