Must or Bust : 30 Minute Rolls


I'm so sorry this is the most lame Must or Bust the world has ever seen, but I have a little something at the end of this post that might make up for it! Life has been a bit on the crazy side the last couple weeks, so the only thing I've really been able to try out {and remember I did}, are these guys:

30- Minute Rolls : BUST

{source}

I'm on roll duty for Thanksgiving this year, and I wanted to try my hand at making them from scratch. I did some thing differently than the recipe HERE. For example, I added a LOT more than 3 1/2 cups of flour. I think it ended up being closer to 5 cups or so before I could handle the dough. . . but that's pretty common for bread recipes. It seems I always need more dough than what it calls for. . . Maybe they have magic flour or sumfin'.

I also added a bit more sugar (as per the recipe's suggestion}, and cooked them for 3 minutes longer {totaling 13 minutes). I then left them in the oven after it was turned off so they would continue to cook inside without getting too done on the outside.

They ended up tasting like, uh, flour. They were fairly moist inside and golden brown outside, but they just didn't have the flavor I was hoping for. If you can get it to work with 3 1/2 cups flour, please, by all means, share the secret with me! :)

. . . .

Now for your little somethin' I promised earlier!

By the way, if you're of the mindset that dogs aren't meant to be around kids, then you'll probably want to scratch out your eyes after watching this. . . so you'd better skip it.

For those of you who think dogs are really just furry kids themselves, you'll enjoy this.


These two are like siblings! They were much cuter together before I started filming because Hannah got distracted and wouldn't stop staring at me. . .

Anywhoo, have a great week and a WONDERFUL Thanksgiving!!




Comments

Popular Posts