Must or Bust: Coconut Oil and Bang Trimming (Plus Halloween Pics Just For Fun)

Is it just me, or does time just fly by these days? I can't believe Halloween was yesterday! Hannah's costume was a plum. Weird, I know. But here's the quick version of how she came to be a completely random piece of fruit : I had the idea to make her a pumpkin based off of The Ribbon Retreat's costume {HERE}.

At the time, I didn't know where to find spools of tulle, so I figured it'd be easy enough to just by it by the square yard and trim it. Lies. Don't EVER do that if you value your sanity. I gave up after butchering around 3 yards of orange tulle, and set off to Hobby Lobby to buy a spool {some sweet spirit told me I could find them there}. The only hitch -- they didn't have any orange. The only color they had that I could work to resemble a fruit/veggie? Purple. Plums are purple, yes? Good enough. :)




 The odd looking thing on her head is my attempt at a stem. Just so's you know. :)

 Enough about that-- let's get on with the Must or Busts!

 . . . .

Coconut and Baking Soda Scrub: Must {Kinda}

 {no picture source found}
The pin stated this : "Previous pinner said: A few months ago I stopped using face wash. I use a scrub of baking soda and coconut oil every few days. On the days in between, just coconut oil. I use tiny amounts - a pinch of soda, and a bit of coconut oil the size of a pencil eraser. Wash in gentle, circular motions and rinse very well. Your face may seem oily afterward, but within a few minutes the oil is absorbed and your skin is glowing. My face used to break out regularly. Now, almost never!"

Well, I gave it a go for a few days and it seems to be working. However. . . my husband HATES everything related to coconut. . . with a burning passion. Last night, I finished rubbing down my face with a little dab of oil, rinsed it off, and jumped into bed. The hubs went to give me a peck goodnight and stopped dead. "You smell like coconut!" he said like it was a federal crime.

"I know. I told you about the Must or Bust I was doing," I replied calmly. Well, needless to say, I didn't get a kiss. In fact, after a moment of silence, he said, "Somebody slap me in the face with a tuna fish!"

Yes. That's a direct quote from the hubster. Did I mention he doesn't much care for the smell of coconut?

He then launched into how if I were to do a real experiment, I would have to only wash half of my face in coconut oil because I don't have a control. He's completely right, you know, but I think he was just trying desperately to make me abandon my new love for using coconut oil in my nightly routine.

So, I'm sorry. My experiments aren't scientific, ya'll. But I would recommend giving this a whirl if you have a spouse that doesn't mind kissing a coconut tree. One more thing; I may just be using a tad too much, but it seems like my skin doesn't absorb the oil after only a "few minutes". It doesn't leave it slimy and it doesn't dry my skin out afterward, though, so that's good!

. . . .

How to Trim Your Own Bangs: MUST 



Just to warn you, she kinda gets distracted and talks a lot. If you're in a hurry and just want her to get to the good stuff, you're gonna have to get over it. :) There are a ZILLION different techniques to cutting side swept bangs, but this seemed like the easiest and it works like a charm! I love it!

. . . .

I hope this didn't put you all to sleep! Have a fabulous weekend {we're almost there}!

Comments

  1. Thank you for sharing the bang trim video!! You just saved me so much money!

    Also, the same recipe for your face is also a great toothpaste (baking soda is a mineral, and it can really help your teeth). I add a lot of peppermint oil to it though. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jessica her costume is darling!! You are so crafty...good work!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts