Hannah's Memoir : 13 Months


Hey, everyone! I twisted my mom's arm and told her she should really let me guest post again. I'm learning so many new things every day that I just can't wait the average three months before sharing!

Besides. . . it's been a while since you've seen my face in a post and we all know that you cry yourself to sleep every night as a result. I know. It's okay.

. . . .

I think mom and dad are thinking of changing my name. They keep calling me "Trouble." I'm not sure what they mean. My favorite pastimes are : getting into Zoe's water bowl and dumping it upside down; crawling under the bed and playpen and getting stuck; making a beeline for the hot oven every time someone opens it; playing tug-o-war with Zoe over my toys; stuffing a bazillion toys and every binkie we own down the side of my crib against the wall; playing with dad's phone charger or laptop cords; trying to touch the fireplace; and my all-time favorites, pulling down anything and everything I can {my specialty is important paperwork} and reorganizing mom's drawer full of baggies.

 photo CaughtRed-Handed_zpsb9e78054.png
{BUSTED!}

 photo TurningontheCharm_zps383623aa.png
{turning on the charm}

Oh, and mom says sorry for the creepy eyes. . . She and Picmonkey were having an argument with the red-eye removal tool and it just wasn't working out}

 photo Trouble_zps5f0cd240.png

You may notice that my outfit is the same for the above pictures. Yeah. I was really busy that day.
. . .

When I'm not living up to my new name, I really love playing peek-a-boo. . . or at least trying. It's tricky. Don't judge.



. . .

I'm also getting to be quite the professional page turner. I still have a really hard time sitting still through an entire book, so I usually end up turning the pages before mom's done reading the page. But, hey, that's not what's important. :) My new favorite thing to do during sacrament is turn the pages in the hymn books. Mom and dad say something about "trying to keep me quiet" or something like that. I don't know what the big deal is about screeching during the prayer. Sheesh. Worry warts!

My biggest pet peeve is when mom or dad tries to wipe my hands off after a meal. It's awful. Why do they even think it's necessary?! It's not like I have macaroni and cheese wedged between my chubby fingers or anything. I just don't get it. Same thing with wiping off my milk goatee. Maybe I put it there on purpose, guys! Give me a break.

I am a 'turbo crawler' and can get from one end of the apartment to the other in practically a split second. Especially when mom forgets to close the bedroom door and I know I can get into more fun stuff when her back is turned.

My favorite food is tuna casserole. Mm-mm-good! I could eat an entire 9x9 pan by myself, I'm pretty sure. Next on the list is probably mac and cheese, followed by anything spicy {like chips and salsa from Chili's and jalapenos} and Shepherd's Pie. I love me some food!

I can be entertained for the longest periods of time by 1) throwing hard things across the kitchen floor. It doesn't really matter if they're made to be thrown or not. If it's in my hand, it's getting tossed. And 2) trying to pick up a third object when I already have my hands full. It's a confusing conundrum I refuse to let get the best of me.

I'm getting pretty close to walking these days. I am a speed racer when someone is holding both of my hands, but things are still pretty shaky when I only have one hand to hold onto. One of these days, though, I'll get the hang of it and then my name really will be "Trouble"!

My favorite time of day is when dad gets home from work. I can hear his car {or truck} come up the driveway and Zoe and I go to sit by the door and wait for him. Then we dance and play for a few minutes and he flings me around upside down. . . I love it! He's the best papa ever!

 photo CantwaitforDadtocomehome_zps372f68ac.png

. . . . .

Life is an adventure every single day. I love learning how things work and I can't wait to see what unfolds in the next few months!

Comments

  1. Pretty sure this was the cutest post I have ever read. Yep, it is. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This cracks me up. Lily does tons of these same things. It's so frustrating and completely adorable all at once. Ha.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts