Happy October!


Happy November 1st, everybody! I hope you all had a fabulous October and a fun and safe Halloween last night. :)

This was Hannah's first Halloween where we thought trick-or-treating was a worthwhile endeavor. I dutifully bought her a little bucket {despite both her parents growing up in the "fill the entire pillowcase before calling it quits" generation} and a cute lady bug costume. I initially had grand hopes of making her into a chocolate chip cookie this year, but quickly lacked the motivation to build it from scratch when I could just buy her a costume for less $$.

Sue me.

 photo HappyHalloween_zps1cb5c505.png


 photo MissMae_zpsd16bbd2b.png

To be perfectly honest, we set out thinking that she would last approximately 3 minutes before becoming bored out of her gourd and wanting to go home. Especially because she vehemently refused to nap earlier in the day. I should have known that she takes after her mamma too much and can smell free candy from five miles away.  

 photo TrickorTreating_zps92034fcc.png

After the first house, this kid meant business.


 photo FrontView_zps65d7c467.png 

I also expected to have to carry her bucket around for her after she got more than 10 pieces of candy, but she did remarkably well by herself! The thing got so heavy by the end that it kept bumping into her legs and trying to trip her, but she was determined to keep lugging it around. I think she was worried I would pilfer from her stash if I carried it. Not sure where she got that idea. . . ;)

 photo Bug_zpsf39dba42.png
'Sup!
While we couldn't get her to say "Trick or Treat" very well, she was definitely a professional door knocker and was pretty good at saying "Thank you!" or "Bye!" after plunging her chubby fist into their bowl of candy. She wasn't shy where that was concerned! 

There were a couple of folks from our ward that invited us inside for a quick second, but Hannah slammed on the brakes and refused to step inside the doorway. I think she was 1) worried we were going to leave her there, and 2) savvy enough to know that she could get candy without having to go inside, so it must be a trick.

Smart kid.

She must take after her papa.

 photo LadyBugLove_zpsbc44fc62.png
{How do I manage to get pictures taken in my room on the ONE DAY I don't make the bed? I've got skills.}
All in all, it was a successful night! I think she'll be expecting free candy from every door she knocks on from now on, though. . . but oh well.

After we made it home, I made the fatal mistake of remarking to Chuck that Hannah should sleep like a rock. No nap coupled with stomping around the entire neighborhood would surely earn us a peaceful night's sleep, after all. Right?! 

Wrong.

I just had to open my big mouth and jinx it.

I lost count in my delirium, but she woke up wailing at least four times between the hours of 9:00 pm and 1:30 am. Then she woke up at 6:30 am and refused to go back to sleep {she usually sleeps until around 7:30 am}.

I pinky promise that the only candy she had earlier in the evening was a couple of Sour Patch Kids. There's no way she was on a candy rush. I think she just wanted to make me put my foot in my mouth.

Well, it worked, Hannah. You can never do that again and I'll be okay with it.

Thanks.

. . . .

Earlier in the merry month of October, we set off to find Nanny a pumpkin. After I lead us on a wild goose chase trying to find pumpkin patches from memory, we finally found a suitable little farm. Hannah wasn't entirely sure what was going on nor why we kept asking her to "stand by the pumpkins and smile into the glaringly bright sun", but she was a good sport.


 photo Hannah_zps86158632.png


 photo SunnyFun_zps7fe8410f.png


 photo PumpkinPatch_zps73ec9d73.png


. . . until we put her on a rusty old tractor.

Then she was pretty sure we were trying to kill her.


 photo TractorwithDad_zpse299c074.png


 photo Tractors_zps27bc0e6e.png

 photo TractorandMom_zpsfa0798d8.png

 photo Ladies--cropped_zpsceefcd18.png


Then we stretched our legs in their little kid corn maze. . . which was pretty intense.

Okay, not really. There may or may not have been ZERO chances at getting lost. . . but I suppose that's the whole point.

 photo CornMaze_zps724e600d.png


 photo CornMazeCollage_zps421baeef.png


 photo MomandNanny_zps85b32936.png


. . . Aaaaand that was pretty much our October in a nutshell. 

Exciting stuff, to be sure. :)

Until next time, folks!

Comments

Popular Posts