Can Someone Turn My Brain Off?

Any takers?

It's only 11:15, but I can already tell tonight's going to be another one of those nights that I can't turn my brain off. For the past way-too-many hours, I've been:

1) reading my new favorite blogs,

http://domesticreflections.blogspot.com/

and

http://www.kellehampton.com/

Need a lift? Take a minute and read some of the stories of these two women... I am inspired by their outlooks on life and motherhood and their advice (whether they mean to give it or not :D)!

2) going over my Taste of Home online recipe box.

Bad idea. Now I have about 357 things I want to make and bake and cook and create. Way to go, Jessica. I've been drooling all over the keyboard for the past hour and I can't stop! Even while writing this pointless blog entry, I have the 'lemon bread' recipe tab open so I can alternate the screens and start the process all over again.

I've scoured the entire recipe box because the banana I just scarfed down isn't doing much to satisfy the rumble in my tummy and pacify my seemingly continual itch to bake. Also, I want to make something special for my sweetie for when he comes home tomorrow morning!

This is his last graveyard shift for 7 days and in 3.5 days, we'll be going on a mini-vacation That's reason enough to celebrate in my book! hahaha! Plus, I love surprising him when he walks in the door at 7:43 am and his wife is chipper and beaming, covered in who-knows-what (usually flour, pancake mix, or bacon grease at that hour) in one of her 4 favorite aprons. I love the look on his face! However, I don't much enjoy the look on my face when I first roll out of bed. I don't beam until I'm in the apron and have my hands in the ingredients. Want to know my word of advice for the day? Don't grate cheese until you are SURE you're fully awake. Yeah. Just say no.

Here's a few random confessions I've thought of tonight:

  • This is no surprise, but I love aprons the way some women love shoes. Good luck getting me to take them off.
  • I had the "rearranging" bug today where I wanted to move every piece of furniture in our apartment to a new spot. For the record, that doesn't work very well when you're apartment is not very darn big. There's nowhere to move anything!
  • I love, love, love Ingrid Michaelson and Regina Spektor in all their randomness. Particularly so when driving down the road with my best friend, BreAnne, while the summer breeze blows through our hair and we scarf down Jamba Juice. And believe me, we scarf it.
  • I hate when the vacuum lines disappear 4 seconds after I vacuum because of foot traffic.
  • I'm glad I don't have 6 children jumping fanatically upstairs on the Wii anymore.
  • I'm glad I don't have 6 children. =)
  • I've been craving another temple trip like a crazy woman.
  • thesaurus.com is my best friend.
So there you have it.

Comments

  1. haha I love the image of the wind blowing through our hair! Also, I love aprons too, and some day I will have a fancy cute one, but for now the functional ones are good too. And lastly, I have some blogs I follow that are all about new things they've cooked or baked... it's about as bad as you going through your recipe book online!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts