For Better or For Worse

Dear friends. Do I have a story for you!

It involves a tale of woe that will either inspire you, make you laugh, or just make you shake your head in pity. It will also fill you with a burning desire to rethink your wedding vows :] That whole 'for better or for worse' thing will be brought into an entirely new light! hahahaha!

For, you see, my husband and I went bowling the other night. And then the next night, we went bowling again with our neighbor. The only problem? I never claimed to be able to bowl. I can make the ball down the lane without the kiddie-bumpers, but other than that? There are no promises.

The first night, my hubby and I scouted out the lightest ball humanly possible with finger holes large enough to fit my mammoth-sized hands. I think it was a 10 pounder. Woohoo. Stand back! My husband then commenced in waltzing up to the, um, little dots on the floor in his personal, white, super-de-duper savvy bowling shoes. He Velcro-ed up his fancy wrist brace, dabbed some baby powder on his right thumb (compliments of a secret zipper in his bowling bag), and hoisted up his 15+ lb bowling ball with customized finger holes.

Say no more, right?

When it was my turn, I hobbled up to the dots (who have a name, I'm quite sure) in my rented clown shoes that happen to be large enough to float down a river on, heaved my 10 lb ball that looked like an over-sized marble from the 80's, and hurled it down the lane. The good news? I got a strike!

Just kidding. I think I knocked down one pin.  Just one. That's how cool I am. The second night went much like the first, except that I had a friend to embarrass myself in front of, too. Actually, our neighbor taught my hubby a new method of bowling, so I was actually able to beat him (by luck) 2 out of the 3 games. In fact, I cleared 100 on the second game, which is nothing short of a miracle for me. Never mind that our neighbor hit, like, 140. Who's counting??

So basically, my poor husband is stuck for eternity with a woman who can't bowl. In fact, he's stuck with a woman who can't even lift up his bowling ball because her hands aren't strong enough. Trust me, I tried.... hahahaha!

Comments

Popular Posts