Singed Eyebrows

Have you ever singed your eyebrows?

And I'm not talking about on a open flame, but more like when something blows up in your face. It ain't pretty. Luckily, I have never had fire bake my uni-brow into ashes. But I have had words blow up in my face, and that is just as difficult to deal with. The cosmetic damage may be minimal, but that doesn't mean a person doesn't feel like they need skin grafts.

Once upon a time, I promised something and then, BUM BA BA BUM, my words turned on me.... They turned on me like piranhas in a fish bowl full of KFC, in fact.



I realized that what I said wasn't exactly what I meant, but I meant what I said when I said it. I guess you could say that when I made the promise, I was thinking of different circumstances. So when those circumstances flip flopped and I found my words really being put to the test, I experienced a blow up.

Cue the singed eyebrows.

Have you ever heard of the expression "Eat your words"? Yeah, well, I seem to be serving mine up with a side of ketchup right about now. And the ironic thing? I really don't want to. I'd much rather put on my big girl panties and stick by them. But I seem to be having a hard time getting over my hidden selfishness. I say that it's "hidden" because it only flares up now and again. "Dude," you say. "That still means that you're selfish."  I know. Believe me, I know. Luckily, I can squash it down and sit on it most of the time. But apparently, when it comes to standing by my words when I'm really put to the test, it likes to sit on top of ME instead. I'm getting better, though! I promise.

So, ahem, I say again.... Have you ever singed your eyebrows? Please tell me I'm not alone, here, folks. Lie to me if you must. =P  hahahaha!

Comments

Popular Posts