Hannah's Memoir : 9 Months


Hey, everybody! It's Squeaker again and I'm going to give you the run down on my life these days. So much has changed since I last filled you in {HERE}. I'm no longer a baby. . . or so I say.

Mom has her doubts because I still refuse to roll over. I hate tummy time and I make sure that mom and dad hate it, too, by screaming bloody murder. I often get away without having to be on my belly the entire day as a result! Woohoo! The only problem with that is that I'm practically a teenager and I can't roll, crawl, scoot, or otherwise move. At all. My doctor isn't too worried yet, though, so I've tried to get mom and dad to chill out.

UPDATE: I was deeply embarrassed that my mom told the entire world that I can't roll over yesterday, so I had to set the record straight. Last night, my papa spent at least 30 minutes sitting on the ground with me, teaching me some tricks. Each time I would roll over, he would clap his hands and throw me up in the air and catch me. I had so much fun, I just wanted to keep trying and trying forever!

I'm still no professional, but this is how I practiced today {September 7}:



Okay, so maybe I did cheat. But at least I still got what I was going for! :)
. . . . .
I used to hate standing, too, and would refuse to even try. When they forced me, I would usually ended up like this:



But after a little practice and elbow grease, I'm basically an old pro:



{I was more than a little worried that they were going to leave me there to die}

. . . . .
I've graduated to sitting in the shopping cart without my car seat, which pleases just about everyone. Here is a shot from my very first time:

{I make those diced tomatoes look good!}

. . . . . 
Now, some of you may be wondering what that is on my cheek in that picture. Well, let's just keep it short and say that due to dad's love of rough-and-tumble playing and mom's knack for "cursing things" {that's what papa says, anyway}, Zoe fell on my face.



It definitely scared me more than it hurt, but I still have a bit of a scar there! So much for my modeling days, guys. Thanks a bunch! Geez

. . . . .
Some things I love-- 

helping mom with the laundry:


Going fishing:


Cat naps:


{I love sleeping at night and will usually sleep 13 hours, but I only sleep about 20-25 minutes at a time during the day. Mom doesn't complain, though.} 



Getting tickled:

{Yeah, I know I'm blurry. Mom said something like, "Stop moving so much!" but I was too busy being tickled}

See what I mean?!


. . . . . 

And, of course, bath time:

 

When I'm fresh out of the tub and wrapped in my favorite purple towel, I love to look in the mirror and laugh. It's mom's favorite part about bath time. Her least favorite is when I clamp down on the washrag with a death grip and refuse to let go until she pries my fingers off. Then I hurry and grab hold again. I'm quick when I want to be! :)
. . . . .

I've been doing a lot better being around 'strange' people without freaking out, but I still like to keep mom in my line of sight at all times. Things get hairy really quick when she tries to leave me.

I often get compliments wherever I go; most of them about my crazy curly, blonde hair. I just smile and blow slobber bubbles to say thank you.

I still only have two teeth, but that's okay with me! I still manage to eat just about everything I want. My favorite snack is Banana Puffs. MmmMmmMmm! Yummy! I can't get enough!  
Mom calls me a billy goat because I like everything-- jalapenos, hot sauce, olives, bread, string cheese, pepperoni, etc; as well as every single kind of baby food I've tried to date. Keep it comin'!  

. . . . .

Being 9 months old is awfully fun, but everyone keeps saying that it only gets better. Maybe when I can crawl or walk I can finally get a hold of Zoe and her toy. . . Now THAT will be fun!

Comments

  1. That is just to funny how she just pulls the blanket to herself. Watch out for this one! She is going to be sneaky.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts