Labor Day Weekend


I hope everyone had a wonderful weekend with their loved ones!

We spent an afternoon and evening with our family in the middle of a beautiful green field littered with cow pies. Now, I know that probably doesn't sound like a very big adventure, but it was quite fun!

We puttered around on my mom and step-dad's 4-wheeler, and even took Hannah along for a quick ride. Well, a slow, short ride is more accurate. She wasn't too sure about it until we gave it slightly more gas. I guess she thought I drove like a grandma and I needed to liven things up a bit. Once she could feel the wind in her fluffy hair, she was all for it! She is her daddy's girl, that one.

The menfolk went off to fish and we womenfolk lounged around and stuffed our faces with snacks; including the traditional s'mores. Of course, we nearly singed our eyebrows trying to light the nifty portable propane fire pit without the help of the men, but thankfully a hero in the form of "Grandpa Terry" came to our rescue and managed to make our s'mores dreams come true.

A few near misses of poked out eyeballs and more than one scorched marshmallow later, we were stuffed to the gills. We still managed to cram in some fresh peach cobbler {lovingly referred to 'peach goblin' in our family}, though, so don't you worry. Where there's a will, there's a way, right?! :) . . . As soon as Hannah figured out that it was sweet and delicious, I couldn't get a spoonful into my mouth without serious interference from my lap. She is quite the lover of all things that can fit into her mouth.

For example. . .








Needless to say, she was lovin' that lollipop. :)

Comments

Popular Posts