Must or Bust: PB Cookies and A Fall Wreath

Whoopsie!

I'm sorry this is nearly two days late, everyone. This week has seriously FLOWN by! Like a birdy, you know. :)

Pinterest is having a minor melt down right now and keeps giving me the "502". If you're an addict, odds are you know what I'm talking about. Of course, it could just be my rinky-dink laptop, too. But either way, I may only be able to give you one Must or Bust right now unless I can miraculously find the link to one more.

Keep your fingers crossed.

. . . . .

Flour-less Peanut Butter Cookies: MUST

{source}

I was skeptical of these guys at first, I'll admit. When I read the recipe over on Kitchen Explorers site HERE, and found out they only have four ingredients, I was even more suspicious of their yumminess.

But I've gotta tell ya. . . I think I like them better than the kind I've been making for years! And I absolutely love that I have all ingredients on hand all the time: peanut butter, one egg, vanilla, and sugar. Done. Sold. Yum.

I prefer them fresh because they're crispy on the outside and soft inside; as opposed to having been confined in a Tupperware overnight and gotten soft all over. Not that I'm complaining or anything, but still. :)

. . . 

1 cup natural peanut butter, smooth or crunchy
1 cup sugar
1 large egg, lightly beaten
1 tablespoon vanilla extract


Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
Using a hand or stand mixer, mix the peanut butter, sugar, egg and vanilla on low speed until well combined.
Using a medium cookie scoop, scoop about 1 1/2 tablespoons of dough 1 1/2-inches apart onto the baking sheet. If you don't have a cookie scoop, drop the dough with a spoon.
Flatten the dough balls the tines of a fork, making a cross pattern on the cookies.
Bake the cookies for 10-12 minutes until they are golden around the edges. Allow the cookies to rest on the counter for 2 minutes before transferring them to a cooling rack.
. . . . .

And fear not, all, because Google has usurped Pinterest and smiled down on us. I hereby provide you with the appropriate links for Round 2 {error 502, my eye! Where there's a will, there's a way!}:


Fall Yarn Wreath: MUST

{source}

I've been in the mood to make a wreath for, oh, ever and I had a bazillion coupons to JoAnn fabric that were burning a hole in my wallet this week. I went a little crazy and got enough stuff for 3 wreaths, a Halloween costume for Squeaker, and some 1st birthday props.

This was my first wreath adventure and though I'm not entirely finished {I still have to glue on my flowers}, I'd say it's going to turn out pretty cute.

UPDATE: So maybe it's not the cutest thing in the world after all. But it's not bad, it's just not my favorite. So no laughing! :)

Yeah, I know the "Fall" thing is crooked. I fix it and two seconds later, it's crooked again. Stupid hot glue! :)



The only things that blew up in my face were more than likely thanks to my own stupidity:

1) It took me longer than you'd think to realize that I can't just wrap the yarn around the wreath and not pass the skein of yarn through the hole, too. I had to unpick about forty knots of tangled yarn and, much to my shame, hot glue more than once when I thought that I would simply cut a long piece of yarn instead of using the whole skein and thereby solve my problem. It didn't work. . . and made me feel like an even bigger fool. :)  So just wrap around once, pass the skein through the hole in the middle, and repeat. It takes a surprising amount of shoulder work, but I was able to wrap my 12 inch wreath in about 40 minutes while finishing up a movie. {Another quick tip: try to match the color of the foam wreath with the color of yarn you use. I bought a green wreath because I knew if any of it peeked through, it wouldn't be very noticeable with the color of yarn I purchased. Make sense?}

2) See the cute red flower in the picture? I can't make one. The end. It probably didn't help that. . . yup, you guessed it. . . Hannah had grown weary of my desire to finish a decoration for once in my life and she decided to begin howling like she was slowly being eaten. Let's just say that when I tried to make it work more than once but to no avail, that poor piece of felt ended up being flung from the table to the floor with no amount of remorse. It was such a disaster that even Zoe didn't want to carry it off and tear it into itty bitty pieces. And that's saying something!

. . . . .

Good luck, my friends! I have faith in you and your cookie-making-wreath-decorating skills! Let me know if you try any of these {or any of my previous Must or Busts found HERE}. . . I'd love to hear how it works out for you!



Comments

Popular Posts