Tractor Pulls

Another McAllister family adventure blossomed today in the hot sun at Rocky Mountain Raceways {If you're unfamiliar with our family's ties to RMR, click HERE for an idea}. This time, instead of watching 1/4 mile races, we watched "Tractor Pulls".

If you're unfamiliar with what that entails, don't ask me to explain it because I don't know very much :) What I do know is that a truck is hooked to a huge trailer with a weight on it that moves from the back of the trailer to the front, making the load heavier as the truck goes down the dirt track. Whoever gets the farthest before stopping wins. I'm pretty sure the announcer said that the truck starts pulling with a weight of about 5,000 lbs and ends up in the 30,000 -50,000 lb range.

That's insane!

As far as I know, tractor pulling is the only sport where you win without crossing the finish line :)

Here they are getting the track all ready to go. . .







{'Uncle' Jake telling a story. . . or somethin' ;) }





Even though I tasted much like a salt stick and had a numb rear end by the time the last truck broke down after only going about 5 feet {poor thing}, it was a blast! Hannah did AMAZING. Seriously. I thought we were in for it because she didn't get a nap that morning. . . and she was due to eat in the middle of the pulls, but she was just having so much fun she didn't even notice. The entire time I kept waiting for her to figure out that she was exhausted, hot, and hungry. . . but she didn't! She was an angel! {whew!}

So, now it's off to our next adventure!

Comments

Popular Posts