Must or Bust: A Little Love and Cleaning Tips


This Must or Bust was quite the adventure, I've gotta admit. It stretched out over the course of a few weeks, and never failed to entertain.


"Love" Craft : BUST

 photo 10a43dc30f544a19dc662d263642d98b_zps80157cda.jpg
{photo source}

I was so excited to try this gift for Hannah to give Chuck on Valentine's Day. However, the recipe I tried over at "As Time Flies" HERE was somewhat less than what I was hoping for.

I needed something safe for Hannah to eat, so I went with a cornstarch-based recipe. But then it ended up like thick goop. . . not at all like the paint I had in mind. I don't know if I just cooked it too long or added too much cornstarch or what. I tried another recipe with some slight differences because I wanted to try putting a hand print on the back of the canvas. . . it was the same kind of fail.

The paint was very prone to flaking after it dried. . . and on top of everything, Hannah had much more interest in eating it than finger painting. Maybe next year I'll have a little more luck. . .  :)

 photo V-DayProjectforPapa_zpsf4d07bbd.png

 photo BlurryV-DayProject_zps9edb5e3a.png

 photo HannahsValentine_zps1cb7c21a.png

 photo FlakeyFail_zps4130296d.png
{Fail.}

 photo HandprintPaintFail_zps5d730325.png
{does that look like a hand print to anyone?!?}

. . . . .

2 Minutes A Day to Keep Your Bathroom Clean: Must

 photo bathroomclean_zps4c3381b4.jpg
{photo source}

The concept is explained over on "The Complete Guide to Imperfect Homemaking" HERE. Our bathroom doesn't have six little kiddos using it and so it doesn't necessarily need to be cleaned every single day. . . but the cleaner seemed to work really well when I used it for our weekly potty cleaning. I think I'll add some essential oil next time, though, simply because I really prefer having a "clean" smell and the vinegar/soap solution didn't leave any odor.

Make sense?

Now. . . I've always admired the fresh flowers that Kelly {the "Imperfect Homemaking" lady} has in her home. Especially the one's in her bathroom. . . so I went a little wild this week.


I would definitely suggest putting fresh flowers in your bathroom. It's a must! Pick your favorite color and stick 'em on your toilet or on your vanity or anywhere you please. It really brightens my mood every time I see them there :). I put most of the flowers in a larger mason jar {but a vase would work, too} in the kitchen, but I used a pint-sized mason jar and a little bow of raffia for the bathroom arrangement. Even though it's nothing fancy, it still makes me happy!

 photo FlowerPower_zps87890f47.png

Love. Love. Love.

. . . .

And speaking of love, I hope everyone is having a happy Valentine's Day! :)

Comments

Popular Posts