Worth Waiting For. . .


I stumbled across this little video and found it definitely worth sharing. It's nearly 8 minutes long, but I think you'll get a chuckle out of watching it.




. . . .

Why? Why wait? Is it really that big of a deal?

I believe so, yes.

Intimacy is a very sacred thing and should be shared only in marriage. . . and then only between husband and wife. That's something I believe to be an absolute truth, but I also recognize that there are those out there who would argue with me until they're blue in the face. I don't want anyone passing out, so I'm going to keep this short. And hopefully not preachy.

Latter-Day Saints put a lot of stock into the belief that marriage is for eternity and if we live by the covenants we make in the temple, we can live with our spouse and family forever. And ever. Together. We also believe that if you keep the commandments, you will be blessed. That goes for every commandment. It doesn't even matter if you're a Latter-Day Saint. . . if you keep the Law of God, you won't be sorry.

Some people view Latter-Day Saints are weirdos that have so many rules, they can't possibly be happy. Some people view Latter-Day Saints as living laws that are old-fashioned or even archaic, which means they can't possibly be happy.

But I can't think of anyone {Mormon or not} who has lived by a high moral standard that has regretted it. Not if they did it for the right reasons.

I believe in living the law of chastity because I believe I'm a daughter of God; just as I believe my husband is a son of God. If we believe that we each have a divine nature, then why would we deliberately do things that would cause us harm {mentally, physically, emotionally, or spiritually}? Time and countless religions have tested morality and given it the stamp of approval.

It might seem out of date and unpopular, but I promise that if you choose to keep yourself pure and share your procreative powers with only one person after you're married, you will never regret it. Will you be tempted to throw waiting to the wind? Probably. Will you be made fun of for waiting? Probably. Will you still be able to repent if you slip up and get a might-too-frisky before you're married? You bettcha.

Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ love each of us so profoundly that I can't even begin to understand it, let alone explain it. But I've felt it, so I know it's true. Our Savior bled for us so that we can recognize our sin(s!) and be forgiven. Please believe me when I say that you matter. Yes, you.

Marriage and intimacy go hand-in-hand. Keeping the commandments and being happy go hand-in-hand. We're all in this together, and sometimes we just need a reminder to walk away from the chocolate chip :).


Comments

Popular Posts