Forsaken Little Moments


It's been a medium-sized eternity since I did a "Little Moments" post. I kinda sorta forgot about them/became so busy that the little moments got stuffed into the cracks of life. And that's just not much fun at all. Especially for the little moments!

So without any {more} ado, I give you the list of what I've been enjoying over the last little while.

. . .

Watching Hannah open her mouth as large as it can go and scrunch up her eyes into itty-bitty slits EVERY. SINGLE. TIME she takes a bite of food from a spoon. What can I say. . . she has a flair for the dramatic. {Does she think I'm going to miss her mouth or something?}

Jamming out to the Disney classics on a CD that has been in my family since before I can remember:

 photo 5815-large_zps241d6858.jpg

. . .

Having tickle fights with Chuck. . .or maybe I should say: being tickled mercilessly by Chuck while I flop around like a fish Having a "fight" implies that I fight back, when in reality, resistance is futile. 

Going to a four-hour-long class with my best buddy from elementary school and emerging all the wiser and eligible to carry a concealed weapon. 

Guiding Hannah's arm through her long-sleeved shirt and watching her fan out her fingers, turn her hand over and over, and marvel at seeing her hand again. It's like she figured she'd lost it forever. 

Eating Eggos smothered in Nutella each and every morning while reading a good book. I won't tell you how many I eat a day. It's embarrassing. But it's a ritual I look forward to every day! {P.S. I started this trend while reading "The Host" and now that's what I think of every time I plop a dollop of creamy Nutella on a waffle. It's crazy how memory can be triggered by things like that}

Snapping Hannah's carseat into the base in the car and turning to get in the driver's seat only to see her frantically waving at me through the window. The same goes for when I'm putting gas in the car and I see her waving at me through the back window.

Imagining what it will be like to have friends and family over at our future home for movie nights and dinners and games. 

Attempting to tame Hannah's wild and crazy curly locks into new hair styles. Her bangs were out of control and she kept pulling out her hair clips, so I took a stab at using hair elastics {which implies that I have some rudimentary ability to make a cute ponytail}. I'm still not very good at it, but my favorite so far is definitely pigtails. 


Watching as my little squeaker grows up and learns to walk {and growl}:

{to watch the video, just click on the link and it will direct you to Dropbox. It's kind of long, so I don't blame you if you don't watch the entire thing. However, if you'd like to hear her growl, you can get a good idea around the 1:30 mark}


. . . . . 

I hope everyone has a wonderful {and safe}weekend! May your little moments be merry :)

Comments

Popular Posts