Baby Update

I thought it might be easier to update all the rockin'-awesome friends and family in my life ONCE instead of rewriting the same information forty five zillion times. So here we go.

But first, a quick word about another 'rockin'-awseome' person in my life. His name? I have absolutely no clue.  His nickname? "Rocker Man".  His appearance? Think "Kid Rock". Seriously. His purpose? To entice those who drive by to revel in Little Caesar's 5 buck pizza. He accomplishes this so flawlessly by literally rocking out on his cardboard guitar. And banging his head. And waving to his crowd of avid followers. The man acts like his calling in life is to wave a Little Caesar's sign, and he looks like he enjoys every second of it! Pretty sure if this man had a dedicated Facebook page, he would have over a million followers. He brings a little ray of sunshine to my soul every time I drive by him and see him jamming out. Especially when I wave and he waves back like we're old friends.

Ah, Rocker Man. How I love you.


+


=
One of the simple joys in life



Okay. Now on to the update!

Hannah passed her NST (Non-Stress Test) with flying colors. They like the amniotic fluid to range from 10-26 (I think those were the numbers) and at first, she only measured about 8.5. The nice little nurse measured again, however, and found a few pockets of fluid hiding out. She ended up giving her a score of 11.6.

Her heart rate was monitored for about 20 minutes (as well as my contractions), and they require her heart rate to fluctuate by, um, 15 bpm (I think?) at least twice during that time. She managed about 4 fluctuations in about 15 minutes, the show-off!. :) She also seemed to be tolerating my contractions very well. The nurse said that they seemed to be coming about every 8-10 minutes. Most of them I didn't feel, but one or two were definitely there! hahaha!

After the NST, I went to see my doctor and he informed me that he will be off from Friday until Monday. Based on the NST, he couldn't justify inducing me this week (darn!), so he asked if I would prefer he come in on his days off to be induced over the weekend, or if I would mind waiting until Tuesday to have her.

I 'hummed' and 'haaed' for a minute before settling on Tuesday. I didn't want to make my doctor come in on his days off if it wasn't necessary. And besides, I'm planning on having her before then, anyway. {RIGHT, Hannah?}

We have another NST scheduled for Thursday (Dec 1st) so we can make sure she's still doing great. Then I'll go in on Monday night to be induced so that I can be well on my way by the time Tuesday rolls around. Yee-ha.

Let's git-r-done.

Comments

Popular Posts