Cinnamon Roll Cake

Exercise caution, my friends. This post may or may not be the leading cause in you gaining 20 pounds over the next 24 hours.

I stumbled across this recipe last night and I immediately knew I was in trouble. Not only does it have the name "Cinnamon Roll Cake" (which is trouble enough right there), but I had all of the ingredients on-hand. Usually, I have to make a voyage to the store in order to pick up one or two ingredients, and that thereby stalls the weight gain by a day or two.

Luckily, it was about 10:57 pm by the time I got around to thinking about making it, and so I was able to put off baking it successfully until just a bit ago. Let's just say that it's pretty darn yummy. And really quite easy. And the chances are good that you, too, will have all of the ingredients in your pantry so you can join in on the fun right this very second.

I halved the recipe and plopped it in a 9x9 pan and it worked out great. It turned out to be more than enough for a little family.

Without further ado, I give you. . .

Cinnamon Roll Cake




Cake
3 c. flour
1/4 t. salt
1 c. sugar
4 t. baking powder
1 1/2 c. milk
2 eggs
2 t. vanilla
1/2 c. butter, melted

Topping
1 c butter, softened
1 c. brown sugar
2 T. flour
1 T. cinnamon

Mix everything together except the melted butter. Slowly stir in the melted butter and pour into a greased 9x13 pan {f.y.i. peeps, I used all-veggie Crisco and sprinkled a light dusting of flour on my pan. Worked great}. For the topping, mix all ingredients together until well combined. Drop evenly over the batter and swirl with a knife. Bake at 350 for 28-32 minutes {I think I baked mine for around 25-26 minutes, so just keep your peepers on it}. While still warm, drizzle the glaze over the cake.

Glaze
2 c. powdered sugar
5 T. milk
1 t. vanilla

Um, yummy. Perfect for a snowy, cold "I don't really want to do anything but sit around and stuff my face" sort of day :)

Comments

Popular Posts