A Glimpse Into Fast and Testimony Meeting

What I should be doing right now involves pretty much everything BUT writing a blog post. I should be feeding the dog, or showering. Or doing the dishes. Or scraping the 6 inches of dog hair off the couch. But I here I sit, because I'm a rebel like that.

Actually, it's just been a small eternity since I've posted something that didn't have belly pictures in it, and I miss it. I miss writing. Unfortunately, I have nothing of import to talk about right now. As usual, most of what I would talk about has to do with my baby and how badly I wish she'd just come already. But I find myself wondering if you're all sick of hearing about it. Probably. If I weren't preggo I would probably want to scratch out my eyes every time I got on this blog ["ANOTHER post about the baby? Get a life, Jessica. My goodness."]. But as it stands, I am preggo. And I can't scratch my eyes out when I look at this blog because I have no one to blame but myself. :)

But just to be on the crazy side, I'm actually going to attempt a post that has little or nothing to do with Hannah.

Here goes nothin'.

Last Sunday was 'fast and testimony meeting', and it just so happened that Chuck and I ended up in the front row. I'm not sure which is worse-- knowing that you can see up the nose of everyone who stands at the pulpit or knowing that they could see down your shirt if you hadn't taken preventative measures to ensure that didn't happen.

One thing that's convenient, however, is that when the Spirit says, "Psssst! Hey, you! You should get up and bear your testimony. It's been, like, 30 years since you've done it.", it wasn't a very long walk to the front. I was able to waddle up there in no time flat! And I did just that. I had no clue what I was gonna say, but I was hoping the stress of standing in front of the congregation and breathing into the microphone would put me into labor. It didn't. But I did enjoy rambling on about how much I know the church to be true.

This truly is the true church of Jesus Christ, restored on this earth through the Prophet Joseph Smith. And I know beyond a doubt that it is still lead by Jesus Christ himself, and our beloved Prophet Thomas S. Monson is his mouthpiece. The Priesthood is literally the power of God, and I am so thankful to have a worthy husband who exercises it so well.

Speaking of my totally awesome husband, I just want to add that he also bore his testimony. And after making me blush, cry, and beam with pride and contentment, he made me steal the last Kleenex at the podium. Whoops. But, hey, I needed it. I had makeup running down my face. I didn't want to scare the small children or old folks.

He is my everything. I love him more than I ever thought humanly possible. We always manage to find stuff to laugh about every day, and I believe that brings us closer together. I try and serve him every chance I get, but I'm pretty sure he still trumps me. He somehow always knows just when to rub my back and in just the right spot. He plants a peck on my forehead or on my kisser just when I need it. He is so sweet, and I am so grateful to be his wife.

Enough gushy stuff? Okay, fine. I reaaaalllly need to shower and pretend to be a productive adult, anyway. :)

Comments

  1. You're sweet. :) Thanks for the post. and I enjoy reading about little Hannah.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts