Hannah's Memoir : 6 Months

{I totally kidnapped this idea from a friend of mine named Keira. You can check out her blog HERE. Although she's much better at it than me, the idea is that I will periodically write a post as if it were Hannah talking. I hope that it will be a fun, entertaining way to record some of her milestones/memories. We'll see how this goes!}

. . . . . .

Hey, everybody! It's me. You know, the cute one that my mom talks about all day long.

I've recently turned 6 months old and I'm thinking of running for president soon. My Aunt Rochelle has nicknamed me "Queen Hannah" but rumor has it that the United States isn't a monarchy, I guess I'll just have to settle for president.

I'm very particular, and I like things to go my way. Hey-- can you blame me?!?

I love spending time in my swing, bassinet, and recently, hanging out on my play mat:


. . . . .

One thing I DO NOT love is that thing my mom calls "Tummy Time". I'm quite convinced that it's actually a mode of age-old torture. No lie. I'm going to look into it.


I really don't see what all the fuss is about rolling over. Of course, I can do it, but I would rather not. I'm kinda fond of my flat, bald head. ;)

. . . . .

My favorite song is "Popcorn Popping on the Apricot Tree", but I think it's pretty fun when Papa sings everything from the old Willy Wonka Song to the chorus of "We Are Young" {just f.y.i, my mom says that she thinks the music video is on the psycho/weird side, so she suggests probably just listening to it with this window open}. He sure keeps me well-rounded.

. . . . .

My second favorite thing to do is cuddle with my Pops {the first being EATING}:




. . . . .

Mom says I have the cutest toes in the world, but I think she's just saying that because she gave birth to me. They look like plain ol' toes to me:


. . . . .

I'm getting pretty good at sitting up all by myself now, but I still get distracted and tip over. . . but don't tell anybody.



. . . . .

Another thing I'm getting good at is holding my own bottle! I just like to have my hands on TOP of the bottle instead of UNDERNEATH it, so it works better when the thing is nearly empty and really light. But I'll get the hang of it soon, I promise.


. . . . .

You should also know:

--- My hair is super curly when mom puts gel in it, but I usually fluff it out before long so that I look like a homeless kid.
--- I have TWO teeth, so I really don't know why mamma won't give me steak yet. What's the holdup?
--- My best friend is our dog, Zoe. I watch her play with her toy and can't stop laughing.
--- I am working on getting an Olympic gold medal for 'crying endurance'.
--- I'm still working on getting my binky in my mouth by myself, but I'm getting close.
--- I cry whenever Grandma McAllister kisses me. Literally. Every. Time.
--- I can't sleep without a humidifier going, but I can usually sleep in a crowded restaurant with no problem.
--- I will stare at you for an inordinate amount of time to make sure you don't walk away from me. If you somehow sneak away, I usually start to whimper before too long. What can I say-- I like attention!

Being sixth months old is the best! I can't wait to see what else I can do in only another couple months. Life is pretty darn awesome.

Comments

  1. So cute! You have a fantastic sense of humor! And don't worry, I'm not that clever, I actually stole it from another clever friend of mine and she stole it, too! Feel free to copy :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts