Must or Bust - Microwave Cleaning


Why, hello!

It's that time of the week again, and since I had such a fun time cleaning my washing machine last time {HERE}, I couldn't stop there. I had to try some new magic on my microwave, and so I tried this approach first:

Cleaning Your Microwave Using Lemon Juice: BUST


{source}
In all honesty, I originally followed another tutorial, but I can't find it. But the concept was the same, and it just didn't work well for me.

However, I regularly follow Kelly's blog "The Complete Guide to Imperfect Homemaking", and I just absolutely love her. When she suggested her favorite way for cleaning her microwave naturally {that also mentioned cleaning the stench from your garbage disposal}, I was all for giving it a try.


Cleaning Your Microwave Using Vinegar: MUST. . . mostly


{source}
I followed her instructions exactly {including where she told me to sprinkle baking soda down my drain while heating the vinegar in the microwave and then using the warm vinegar to pour down the drain afterwards. . . FUN! Tee hee! You do it and tell me it isn't fun. :) } 


I was pleased with the results, other than the fact that my house smelled like vinegar during and after. Duh, I know. But I was hoping it would dissipate a little quicker. I put a lot of stock into how my home smells, and I would rather not it smell like I took a shower in vinegar in the kitchen sink. Ya know? 


However, I guess it's better than Hannah's stinky diapers. . . :D

Comments

Popular Posts