Must or Bust: White Brite and Diaper Straps :)

Well, hello!

'Tis Wednesday again already and I'm set for our third week of "Must or Bust" {click HERE for week 2}. And, believe it or not, this one has absolutely nothing to do with food!

Our first player of this evening was claiming something absolutely amazing if you sweat like I do and ruin all of your white shirts:


Save Your Dingy Clothes! : BUST


{originally pinned HERE}

I'm sorry to say that I eagerly ran to the grocery store {kinda} and bought a bottle of "White Brite". Unfortunately, following the directions of merely washing the clothes with the magical stuff teamed with laundry soap did next to nothing to my old, worn, dingy whites.

However, I will say that I have not yet soaked the clothes with the "White Brite" prior to washing them, so I'll be sure to let you know if that changes anything. But in the meantime? Save your 4 buckeroos and buy a pint of Ben and Jerry's ice cream.

. . . . .

I can't leave you with just a "bust". . . because, well, I just can't.

And so our next contestant has become one of my favorite accessories. I, quite literally, never go anywhere without it. May I introduce you to:


The Diaper Strap : MUST


{originally pinned HERE}

This thing is my best friend. Well. . . I take that back. I have some mighty fine people in my life who would be greatly saddened to hear that a strap of material booted them out of their rightful place as my best friend.

So we'll say that it is my daughter's best friend.  She needs this more than she knows! It keeps her diapers, wipes, extra blanket {for changing her on less-than-ideal surfaces}, and extra burp rag all neat and tidy in my purse/diaper bag. And it looks cute, to boot.

Things I changed from the original tutorial HERE:

1) I didn't use any fancy muslin because I didn't have any. But the fabric itself works plenty good for me.
2) I didn't use nearly 5 inches of velcro because I thought that wasteful and unnecessary. However, I can see the perks of using 5 inches. It gives you much more 'wiggle room' so you can stuff a lot more/less between the strap. :)
3) I played around with the decorations, adding a cute ribbon to one strap in addition to the button. If my camera wasn't dead, I would take pictures and show you. But I have yet to buy new batteries. .  . and so you'll just have to use your imagination for now.

. . . . .

And that wraps up this week's Must or Bust! Thanks for stopping by!

Comments

Popular Posts